iOS and iPadOS MDM
Mobile Device Management (MDM) for iPad and iOS
Secure, Monitor, and Manage iOS devices
Trusted MDM solution allows administrators to remotely and securely configure enrolled Apple iOS, iPad & iPad Pro devices. Apply and monitor organizational policies, remotely wipe or lock devices, and install apps and content through Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager.
What is device management on iPadOS and iOS MDM?
iPadOS and iOS devices play crucial roles in offices worldwide. This includes iPad tablets running iPadOS, as well as iPhones and iPod Touch devices running iOS. These devices might serve as kiosks, point-of-sale devices, information terminals, or almost any other kind of device. With so many iOS and iPadOS device types, it can be hard to do effective iPhone and iPad device management. This is where an iPad MDM, or iOS MDM, solution is essential. Whether businesses use work-owned iPads and iPhones, or allow employees to use their own as part of a BYOD program, an iOS MDM can be a huge help. Once implemented, an MDM solution helps admins do iPadOS and iOS remote management, keeping iOS and iPadOS devices secure and compliant.
SureMDM is a leading MDM solution for iOS and iPadOS. Licenses of SureMDM also include access to SureFox (for secure browsing) and SureVideo (for digital signage management).
iPadOS and iOS MDM for Device Lifecycle Management
To begin iOS management and iPad management, you’ll first need to enroll them into an appropriate MDM solution. Next, you will provision iPhones and iPads by installing and configuring applications, applying security policies, and pushing content onto the iOS and iPadOS devices. After provisioning, you then deploy or deliver the devices to the end users. Once employees start using devices, admins can call on the iPadOS and iOS MDM tool to manage and track devices. If workers do not comply with best practices, you can use the iOS and iPadOS management solution to keep business data safe. Finally, once the devices become outdated or reach end-of-life (EOL), they are retired or decommissioned from the iPad and iOS MDM solution.
Capabilities of iPad and iPhone Device Management Software
Enrollment: Set up your iOS and iPadOS network right away with SureMDM
SureMDM empowers you to easily set up, enroll, and manage iPhones and iPads right away.
- Enroll Enterprise and Bring-Your-Own Devices Alike: SureMDM supports BYOD enrollment for iOS and iPadOS devices using User Enrollment, so employees use their own iPhones and iPads at work without compromising security.
- Multiple Enrollment Methods: Initiate iPad management and iOS management using SureMDM Nix Agent, the SureMDM on-device agent, in conjunction with Apple Business Manager.
- Rapid Set-Up: Bundle many settings into a profile, and send that profile to each device for rapid set-up.
- Customize Your Dashboard: The SureMDM Console features an intuitive dashboard. Set up the metrics you want to see, and find what you need at a glance using the Device Grid system.
- Accommodates All Skill Levels: The SureMDM Console includes optional tutorials, so you always know what to do.
Management: Keep iPadOS and iOS Devices Up-to-Date, Secure, and Compliant
SureMDM is the easiest iOS and iPadOS MDM solution for ensuring business and BYOD iPhones and iPads follow best practices in the workplace.
- iOS and iPadOS Update Management: Push updates to iOS and iPadOS devices automatically to ensure all devices are consistent and running the latest OS and security patches.
- Acquire and Distribute Apps and Content: Use Apple’s content deployment programs to purchase and mass-distribute apps and books across all iOS and iPadOS devices.
- Dynamic Restrictions: Automatically allow or prevent device use based on location, time of day, and Wi-Fi connection status.
- Minimum Password Standards: Set minimum password complexity requirements for each device, ensuring would-be thieves cannot easily guess passwords.
- Device Health Monitoring: Monitor devices remotely. Set up alerts for low-battery, connectivity and other non-compliance events.
Security: Keep Devices Safer with SureMDM
As more businesses incline towards the BYOD policy and mobile technology for work, the corporate network is at stake, which has enticed cybercriminals, who are now looking for ways to target them. With SureMDM, you can now protect devices and data.
- Control Use of Peripherals: Prevent users and malicious actors from accessing device webcams or other unnecessary functionality.
- Dynamic Restrictions: Automatically allow or prevent device users based on location, time of day, and Wi-Fi connection status.
- Lost Device Recovery: See lost devices on a map in the SureMDM Console. From there, lockdown or erase iPhones and iPads to keep corporate data safe.
- Rapid Messaging: Send emergency alerts from the central console to devices at any time, keeping everyone up-to-date in the event of an emergency.
iPadOS and iOS Kiosk Lockdown and Secure Browsing
Make off-the-shelf iPhones and iPads into high-quality kiosks for customers and employees with iPadOS and iOS remote management capabilities.
- Kiosk Lockdown: Lock iPhones and iPads down to only pre-approved software.
- Secure Browser Lockdown: Create a secure browser for iOS and iPadOS users, restricting devices to only websites you approve in advance.
- Kiosk Video Player: Turn any iPad tablet into a secure video player, looping videos in a playlist and preventing viewers from tampering with or exiting video playback.
iOS Remote Management - Remote Control and Remote Troubleshooting
Remotely access any iOS or iPadOS device like it is directly in front of you.
- Remote Control: Take control of iOS and iPadOS devices remotely.
- Remote Troubleshooting: Repair devices whenever they need help with remote troubleshooting, and save money on transit costs.
Audits and Reports
Get any information you need at a moment’s notice
- Inventory Audits: Monitor and locate your entire device inventory at a glance.
- Analytics Reports On-Demand: Use SureMDM’s powerful Analytics Engine to find high-level patterns in the way your business uses Apple mobile devices, alongside every other device in your office. Plus, easily graph the data to share with others.
Key Features on Mobile Device Management iPhone
Enroll devices over-the-air. Enroll in bulk via Apple DEP and Apple Configurator.
Manage Native iOS, Set up Passcode, Email, Restrictions, VPN, Wi-Fi, Exchange ActiveSync, HTTP Proxy, Certificates, and Single App Mode profiles.
Utilize SureMDM with Apple School Manager and manage a range of education-focused Apple devices.
Home Screen Layout Profile
Configure the device home screen to only show the apps users need to see.
View devices and device health from a centralized console. Organize by geography, business functions, users or any other criteria.
Filter Web Content
Keep users on approved websites and block any other websites; alternately, dynamically filter by keywords when your needs extend beyond blocking specific sites.
Device Health Monitoring
View battery, memory, and cellular data usage remotely. Set up notification alerts.
Set up strict passcode policies to prevent unauthorized access to corporate data. Use Remote Lock and Enterprise Wipe if employees use devices in noncompliance with corporate policy.
Track devices in real-time. View location history.
Set up different levels of iOS and iPadOS data usage limits and define actions for crossing data limits, like alerting the user or even blocking any further consumption of mobile data.
Use the native iOS and iPadOS Screen Sharing feature to access compatible iOS device screens without the use of a third-party screen sharing solution.
Mobile Application Management on iPhone
Block or Allow Specific Apps
Create a “Blocklist” and “Allowlist” and assign apps to each.
Silently install custom or App Store apps on devices. Create your own Enterprise App Store and allow users to install apps on-demand.
Per App Configuration using Apple App Configurator.
App Management SDK (Upcoming)
Prevent Copy/Paste outside container. Log into Secure Container (Authenticate to access Enterprise Apps). Single Sign On (SSO). Support for App Config Consortium Standards. App Wrapping SDK.
Content Management - iOS Management
Remotely deliver eBooks, PDFs, etc. to devices.
Container Secure File System Management APIs.
Secure Corporate Content (Upcoming)
Wipe or delete company data from devices based on noncompliance with company policies, such as unauthorized attempts to connect to unsecured networks.
What are the benefits of iOS Device Management?
Save time and money
Remote device control enables faster troubleshooting. Improve iOS and iPadOS device uptime and eliminate most “truck roll costs” associated with IT members travelling on-site to fix problems.
Boost employee productivity
By locking down Apple devices to block distracting apps and websites, employee focus and productivity will improve at work.
Protect devices with complex passwords, and locate devices at any time from the central console. In the event devices are stolen and cannot be retrieved, remotely locate or wipe devices to ensure data remains safe.
Make smarter decisions
Find important trends and optimize the way devices are used, with the help of SureMDM’s Analytics Engine and the Device Grid in SureMDM’s central dashboard.
Types of Devices Managed by iPadOS and iOS MDM
An iPad and iOS remote management solution needs to support a variety of devices. These include enterprise-owned tablets and phones, as well as the iPhones and iPads that employees bring to work. With Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) deployments, it is essential that an MDM solution does not overstep its boundaries and intrude on personal privacy. SureMDM works with Apple’s User Enrollment system to ensure that private data remains private on these BYOD iOS and iPadOS devices.
Testimonials on iOS MDM
I have reached out to the 42Gears support team many times and have always had a very positive experience. The products are rock solid and are very reasonably priced.
IT Admin, Spectrum of Hope
Overall experience was good in terms of product functionality. Also, the pre-sales team was very helpful.
Assistant Manager (IT/ISC), IndiGo