Windows 10 Device Management
Secure, Monitor, and Manage Windows 10 Computers, Laptops, and Mobile Devices
Trusted by thousands of customers worldwide as their preferred device management solution
Windows Device Management
Windows devices are at the heart of millions of offices worldwide. This includes Windows tablets, desktops, laptops, point-of-sale devices, and others. With so many Windows device types, it can be hard to do effective Windows device management. This is where a Windows MDM solution is essential. Whether businesses use work-owned Windows devices or allow employees to use their own as part of a BYOD program, a Windows 10 MDM can be a huge help. Once implemented, an MDM solution can solve challenges tied to ensuring Windows device security, management, and compliance.
SureMDM is one of the industry’s best Windows MDM solutions. Licenses of SureMDM also include access to SureLock(for kiosk lockdown); SureFox (for secure browsing); and SureVideo, which helps manage Windows-based digital signage.
Windows MDM for Device Lifecycle Management
The first step in managing Windows devices is to enroll the devices into a Windows MDM solution. Then you provision the devices by installing and configuring applications, applying security policies, and pushing content on the Windows devices. After provisioning, these Windows devices are deployed or delivered to the actual users. Once the devices are in active use, the Windows 10 MDM tool helps you manage and track those devices to ensure they remain secure and compliant. In case of non-compliance, you can use the Windows Mobile Device Management solution to take remedial actions as needed. Finally, once the devices become outdated or reach end-of-life (EOL), they are retired or decommissioned from the Windows MDM solution.
Capabilities of Windows Device Management Software
SureMDM empowers you to easily set up, enroll, and manage Windows devices right away.
- Enroll Corporate and Bring-Your-Own Devices Alike: SureMDM supports both Corporate enrollment for full control. It also supports BYOD enrollment for Windows devices, so employees can bring their own Windows devices to work without compromising security and privacy.
- Multiple Enrollment Methods: Enroll Windows 10 computers and tablets using Windows EMM (Agentless), SureMDM Nix (Agent), or dual enrollment using both methods and enable enhanced management features.
- Rapid Set-Up: Bundle many settings, configurations, and policies into a profile, and send that profile to each device for rapid set-up.
- Customize Your Dashboard: The SureMDM Console features an intuitive dashboard. Set up the metrics you want to see, and find what you need at a glance.
Management: Keep Windows Devices Up-to-Date, Secure, and Compliant
SureMDM is the easiest Windows MDM for ensuring Windows devices follow best practices around workplace security and compliance.
- Windows Update Management: Push updates to Windows devices automatically to ensure all devices are consistent.
- App and Content Management: Push apps and content to Windows devices via the central SureMDM Console, or create and apply a profile with Application Policy and File Sharing Policy.
- Dynamic Restrictions: Automatically allow or prevent device use based on location, time of day, and Wi-Fi connection status.
- Minimum Password Standards: Set minimum password complexity requirements for each device, ensuring would-be thieves cannot easily guess passwords.
- Device Health Monitoring: Monitor devices remotely. Set up alerts for low-battery, loss of connectivity and other non-compliance events.
Security: Keep Devices Safer with SureMDM
Protect devices and the data on them using SureMDM.
- Control Use of Peripherals: Prevent users and malicious actors from accessing device webcams or other unnecessary functionality.
- BitLocker Support: Use BitLocker to encrypt data and provide an extra line of defense against data breaches.
- Lost Device Recovery: See lost devices on a map in the SureMDM Console. From there, lock down or erase device contents to keep corporate data safe.
Windows Kiosk Lockdown and Secure Browsing
Make off-the-shelf Windows devices into high-quality kiosks for customers and employees using SureMDM.
- Kiosk Lockdown: Lock Windows devices down and allow use of only IT approved whitelisted applications.
- Secure Browser: Create a secure browser for Windows by restricting users to only websites you approve in advance.
- Kiosk Video Player: Turn any Windows 10 device into a secure video player, looping videos in a playlist and preventing viewers from tampering with or exiting video playback.
Remote Control and Remote Troubleshooting
Remotely access any Windows device like it is directly in front of you.
- Remote Control: Take control of Windows devices remotely, and use mouse, keyboard, and touchscreen inputs as if you were in front of each device.
- Remote Troubleshooting: Repair devices whenever they need help with remote troubleshooting, and save money on transit costs.
- Advanced Support for Intel vPro/AMT Devices: SureMDM Active Management Technology (AMT) to give you full control over supported Intel vPro devices at all times, even when they are turned off.
Audits and Reports
Get any information you need at a moment’s notice.
- Inventory Audits - Monitor and locate your entire device inventory at a glance.
- Analytics Reports On-Demand - Use SureMDM’s powerful Analytics Engine to find high-level patterns in the way your business uses Windows devices. Plus, easily graph the data to share with others.
Windows Device Management
Remotely manage and secure your device fleet
Enroll devices in seconds, Supports both Corporate and BYOD enrolment. EMM Enrollment (Agentless), Enrollment using SureMDM’s on-device agent, SureMDM Nix Agent. Windows Autopilot. Provisioning Package (PPKG) Enrollment for Windows.
Set up devices with apps and settings using default jobs and policies.
Device Health Monitoring
Monitor devices remotely. Set up battery and connectivity alert notifications.
Group devices based on geographic location, business function or any other criteria.
Configure single app or multiple app mode on Windows devices and convert them to dedicated-purpose devices.
Remote Access & Control
Remotely access Windows machines for troubleshooting and remote assistance to users.
Create a secured network for the enrolled Windows devices.
Track devices on a map, Save historical location information.
Windows Updates Management
Manage the Windows Updates settings and Keep all your devices secure and up-to-date with latest Windows fixes.
Windows Licensing Profile
Centrally activate or update Windows license on Windows devices remotely.
Remotely reboot devices without user intervention.
Allow or Deny apps from running, Whitelist or Blacklist executable files (.exe and .com), scripts (.js, .ps1, .vbs, .cmd, and .bat), Windows Installer files (.mst, .msi and .msp), and DLL files (.dll and .ocx), and packaged apps and packaged app installers (appx).
Easily set up your wireless networks.
Deploy and execute Powershell scripts, Automate tasks and perform any system configuration on Windows devices.
Maximize Branding Potential
Change system wallpaper and replace it with your corporate logo to deliver strong and consistent branding experience to your customers or employees.
Deploy, Manage and Secure Apps on devices
Push and install Windows apps.
Microsoft Store for Business
Deploy apps directly from Microsoft Store for Business on to your fleet of Windows devices.
Use App Uninstall Profile to remotely uninstall apps from the devices.
Software Inventory Management
Gather reports of applications installed on Windows devices.
Application Configuration Management
Remotely configure application settings on the enrolled devices.
Exchange ActiveSync Management
Sync Mails, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders and Notes remotely on enrolled devices.
Periodic App Launch
Remotely launch the application at a specified interval of time on the enrolled device.
Securely deliver data and keep it safe on devices
Deliver documents, media, and other files to Windows devices.
Send text messages from the central console to devices at any time.
Protect corporate resources and personal user data
BitLocker Encryption Management
In case of enterprise-owned devices, admin can enable BitLocker encryption to prevent data breaches. SureMDM allows BitLocker to be remotely enabled on Windows 10 devices.
Microsoft Defender Management
Configure Microsoft Defender policies, apply them to your Windows devices for on-demand, and real-time protection against software threats like viruses, malware, and spyware.
Remotely upload corporate certificates and other certificates that are necessary to authenticate the device access to the network.
Windows Information Protection (earlier, Enterprise Data Protection (EDP))
Secure enterprise applications and protect enterprise data without impacting the employee experience. Encrypt data, prevent accidental data leakage and restrict copy-paste functionality outside enterprise applications.
Configure Windows Hello
Allow Windows users instant access to websites, applications, and networks using biometric or PIN based verification, No password based authentication is required.
Firewall Settings Management
Easily configure Windows Firewall settings on your Windows desktops and other devices.
Remotely lock and wipe devices.
Device Wipe/Factory Reset
Remotely perform a factory reset and wipe the device to the initial default condition.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and EMM features
Supports Window 10 and above. No agent required.
Apply secure mandatory password policy.
Configure Windows Mail, Supports POP3/IMAP.
Most of the EMM features listed in previous sections are also available for BYOD device management.
Benefits of Windows Device Management
Save time and money
Remote device control enables faster troubleshooting. Improve Windows device uptime and eliminate most “truck roll costs” associated with IT members travelling on-site to fix problems.
Boost employee productivity
By locking down Windows devices to block distracting apps and websites, employee focus and productivity will improve at work.
Protect devices with complex passwords, and locate devices at any time from the central console. In the event devices are stolen and cannot be retrieved, BitLocker encryption and remote data-wiping ensure important data stays safe.
Make smarter decisions
Find important trends and optimize the way devices are used, with the help of SureMDM’s Analytics Engine and the Device Grid in SureMDM’s central dashboard.
42Gears is easy to work with. Their solutions are affordable and easy-to-deploy and update. They helped us launch our new product successfully, without a glitch. We’re glad to have chosen them as our solution provider.
Director of Systems & IT, FTR