Mac Management | macOS MDM
Secure, Monitor, and Manage macOS Devices with SureMDM
What is macOS MDM?
macOS devices are popular in offices worldwide for their easy-to-use interfaces, sleek appearances, and strong security. This includes macOS laptops like MacBooks, as well as macOS desktops like the Mac Pro. macOS device management can be a challenge, because there are so many types of macOS devices playing different roles. In a situation like this, a macOS MDM solution is essential. Mac MDM functionality has helped thousands of businesses ensure security, management, and compliance on macOS devices. No matter what your use case for macOS devices may be, a macOS MDM can be a huge help.
macOS MDM for Device Lifecycle Management
If you want to manage macOS devices, you must start by enrolling them into a macOS MDM solution, in conjunction with Apple business Manager. Then, you will need to provision the Mac devices by pushing apps, content, and security policies onto them. Now, the devices are ready to deploy to actual users. At this point, you can use the Mac MDM tool to monitor each device and ensure it stays secure and compliant with your security policies. In the event devices conflict with your security policies, you can take corrective action using the macOS Mobile Device Management solution. When devices reach the end of their lifecycle, you can safely take them offline and retire them using the Mac MDM solution.
Capabilities of macOS Device Management Software
Enrollment: Get your macOS devices online fast with SureMDM
With SureMDM, you can quickly and easily set up, enroll, and manage macOS devices.
- Easy Enrollment : Enroll macOS devices using SureMDM Nix, the SureMDM on-device agent.
- Rapid Set-Up: Bundle many settings into a profile, and send that profile to each device for rapid set-up.
- Customize Your Dashboard: The SureMDM Console features an intuitive dashboard. Set up the metrics you want to see, and find what you need at a glance using the Device Grid system.
- Accommodates All Skill Levels: The SureMDM Console includes optional tutorial videos in the Help menu, so you always know what to do.
Management: Keep macOS Devices Up-to-Date, Secure, and Compliant
SureMDM is the easiest Mac MDM for making sure that macOS workplace devices follow best practices.
- Minimum Password Standards: Set minimum password complexity requirements for each device, ensuring would-be thieves cannot easily guess passwords.
- Acquire and Distribute Apps and Content: Use Apple’s content deployment programs to purchase and mass-distribute apps and books across all macOS devices.
- App and Content Management: Push apps and content to macOS devices via the central SureMDM Console, or create a secure Enterprise App Store.
Security: Keep Devices Safer with SureMDM
Protect devices and the data on them using SureMDM.
- Control Use of Peripherals: Prevent users and malicious actors from accessing device webcams or other unnecessary functionality, such as iCloud.
- FileVault Support: Use FileVault to encrypt data and provide an extra line of defense against data breaches.
- Lost Device Recovery: See lost devices on a map in the SureMDM Console. From there, lock down or erase device contents to keep corporate data safe.
Remote Control and Remote Troubleshooting
Remotely access any macOS device like it is directly in front of you.
- Remote Control: Take control of macOS devices remotely, simulating mouse and keyboard presses like you were in front of the actual device.
- Remote Troubleshooting: Repair devices whenever they need help with remote troubleshooting, and save money on transit costs.
- Monitor CPU and RAM Consumption: Remotely monitor device processes based on their CPU/RAM consumption, ensuring no superfluous processes run unchecked.
Benefits of Using macOS MDM
Save time and money
Remote device control enables faster troubleshooting. Improve macOS device uptime and eliminate most “truck roll costs” associated with IT members travelling on-site to fix problems.
Boost employee productivity
By ensuring every device has the apps and content needed to be productive, SureMDM primes employees for success.
Protect devices with complex passwords, and locate devices at any time from the central console. In the event devices are stolen and cannot be retrieved, FileVault encryption and remote data-wiping ensure important data stays safe.
Make smarter decisions
Find important trends and optimize the way devices are used, with the help of SureMDM’s Analytics Engine and the Device Grid in SureMDM’s central dashboard.