Guidelines for Using 42Gears Trademarks and Copyrights
42Gears Trademarks including word marks, logos, service marks, product imagery, trade names (“42Gears Marks”) are 42Gears and its Affiliates brand identity which symbolizes its goodwill and serve as a basis for customers to identify and distinguish 42Gears products and services from others.
Nothing in these trademark guidelines intended to grant any rights in trademarks or any intellectual property rights of 42Gears. Unless expressly provided in law, agreement or license, the use of Logos and Trademarks of 42Gears by third parties in contravention of these Guidelines is strictly prohibited
42Gears reserves complete rights of ownership in all active and pending 42Gears Marks. By using any 42Gears Marks, you are acknowledging that 42Gears is a sole owner of the Trademarks and agreeing not to interfere and challenge 42Gears use, registration of, or application to register such Trademarks.
The goodwill derived, if any, from use of 42Gears Marks shall exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to 42Gears.
These Guidelines apply to 42Gears employees, customers, licensees, consultants, vendors, resellers, partners and any other third party who intends to use 42Gears Marks for any promotional, website(s) or marketing materials of any nature whatsoever.
Please note that if you are a licensee of a 42GearsTrademark, the license agreement that you signed with 42Gears may contain specific usage guidelines that differ from those contained within these Guidelines. In case of conflict between the signed Agreement with 42Gears and these guidelines, the Agreement shall prevail.
These Guidelines may be updated by 42Gears time to time at its sole discretion as it deems necessary.
SPECIFIC DO’s AND DONT’s:
Certain activities may constitute an infringement or violation of 42Gears Marks and are not permitted. The use of logos and trademarks of 42Gears must always be in accordance with the specifications mentioned in these guidelines:
- Do not use 42Gears Marks in any manner that might imply any non 42Gears materials are sponsored, endorsed, licensed, or affiliated with 42Gears.
- Do not use 42Gears Marks or name in such a manner that is likely to cause confusion about the origin of any product, service, material, course, technology, program, or other offerings.
- Do not alter or amend and modify 42Gears Marks in any manner whatsoever.
- Do not incorporate 42Gears Marks into your products or services trademarks, domain name, logos, or company names or seek a trademark or domain name registration for any term that includes 42Gears Marks.
- Do not use any trademark, name, or designation that is confusingly like 42Gears
name or any 42Gears Marks.
- Do not add, alter, combine, or take off any element from the logos or trademarks of 42Gears.
- Do not use a 42Gears Marks or name in a manner that is likely to dilute, defame, disparage, or harm its reputation.
- Do not copy any 42Gears Marks, logo, the look, design, or overall commercial impression of any 42Gears website, blog, or other materials available through any form.
- Unless you have prior permission from 42Gears, do not use a 42Gears Marks or name in a manner that is likely to give the impression or otherwise imply an affiliation or association between you, your products, or services, and 42Gears, or any of its products, services, programs, materials, or other offerings.
- Do Not use 42Gears Marks in a disparaging or degrading manner.
PERMISSIBLE USE OF 42GEARS MARKS
- 42Gears uses neuropolitical regular font style and it is identified with a logo which has two gears inside the cloud that represents acceleration and technology.
- Always follow the style and usage guidelines available in our “Branding Guidelines”
- When using our Word Marks, you may not change their appearance by abbreviating them, incorporating them into acronyms, changing their spelling, using them in parts, or using improper capitalization.
- Always use the proper spelling and the proper trademark symbol. Always use the correct superscript trademark symbol. If the trademark symbol is not available, use capital letters in parentheses: (TM) or (R).
- The trademark acknowledgement is the legal text that identifies the trademarks of 42Gears. The acknowledgment should be printed in legible type and in a location typically used for copyright and other legal notices.
Unless you have an agreement with 42Gears that indicates otherwise, properly footnote and acknowledge trademark ownership, preferably identifying 42Gears marks as sole owner of its trademark such as:
[Mark] used herein is a trademark or registered trademarks of 42Gears or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries."
By using the logos and trademarks of 42Gears in any manner, either in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that 42Gears is the sole owner of all the logos and trademarks of 42Gears and you are not going to interfere with 42Gears rights in trademarks anywhere in the world. All rights exclusively reserved with 42Gears. Use of the logos and trademarks in any manner which is inconsistent with the permissible guidelines is unauthorized. 42Gears reserves the right to act against the third party for using the trademark without authorization or any other mark which could be considered confusingly similar to the 42Gears logos and trademarks. These rules also apply to all the products and services provided by 42Gears.
This policy document is not intended to serve as legal advice. In case you have questions regarding your legal rights or duties, please consult your own attorney/counsel. Should you have further questions regarding 42Gears policy for its trademarks, please contact email@example.com
Last Updated on 1st May 2021