Now, Surefox has a new addition to its feature set. Your web apps can now read or scan barcode data from a third-party scanner libraries such as Zxing. You can install the ZXing Barcode Scanner app for Android from the Google PlayStore. This application actually scans the barcode on behalf of your application.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Download the HTML Sample File
2. Launch SureFox and access SureFox Settings
3. Tap on Allowed Websites, select file:// option and select the HTML Sample File
4. Tap on Browser Preferences and tap on Advanced Settings
5. Under Advanced Settings, enable Allow All Websites
6. Go back to Browser Preferences and disable Block Intent URLs
7. Go back to SureFox Settings screen and make sure Watchdog Service is disabled under SureFox Pro Settings
8. Tap on Done to complete and return to SureFox Home Screen
9. On SureFox Home Screen, tap on HTML Sample File to launch it
11. Tap on the Scan link to launch Zxing Barcode Scanner
12. Once the barcode is scanned, the result is passed to the parameter url as shown below:
<title>Barcode Scan Test</title>
<h1>Barcode Scan Test</h1>
Note: If you want to allow only Zxing Barcode Scanner as allowed application, enable Watchdog Service under SureFox Pro Settings and allow Zxing Barcode Scanner as an Allowed Application.
You can learn more about SureFox here.