A lot of people ask – how to run only one app on android, or how to lock Android device to run only one app; the answer is Android Single Application Mode or Single App Mode. As the name suggests, Android Single Application Mode means that only one application runs on the Android device at all times, users cannot exit the application and the app starts automatically if the device reboots.
How to setup Single Application Mode on Android
Easiest way to setup Android Single Application Mode on Android Tablets, Android Smartphones, or Rugged Devices is is to use SureLock.
Install SureLock and follow below-mentioned steps to enable Single Application Mode on your Android device:
1. Launch SureLock
2. On SureLock Home Screen, tap 5 times within 3 seconds to launch the password prompt
3. Enter your default password – 0000 (four zeros) and tap OK
4. On Admin Settings screen, tap Allowed Applications
5. On Allowed Applications screen, use Add App option to add your desired application in Single Application Mode
6. Tap Done to go back to Admin Settings
7. On Admin Settings screen, tap SureLock Settings
8. On SureLock Settings screen, tap Single Application Mode and enable Single Application Mode option
Note: Please read the information message before you tap on OK.
9. Return back to SureLock Home Screen. Your application will now run in Single Application Mode
Note: For Single Application Mode to be enabled, only one application needs to be visible on SureLock’s Home Screen. If you need to run more than one app internally, you can add other apps to the list of allowed applications as well and mark them as hidden. These hidden applications can be launched when accessed via the application visible on SureLock Home Screen.
Watch the video – Lock Android to a Single Application using SureLock
To learn on how to exit from Single Application Mode, click here
If you want to run only one custom app in Android and prevent users from running anything else, you can use SureLock to setup Single Application Mode or Single App Mode on your Android tablets, Android Smartphones or Android Rugged devices.