People often ask how to run only one app on Android devices, or how to lock Android device to run only one app. Combined with the popularity of Google searches like “Android allow only one app” and “Android tablet lock to one app,” it’s clear that everyone wants a way to easily lock their devices down. The answer is Android Single Application Mode or Single App Mode. As the name suggests, Android Single Application Mode means that only one application runs on the Android device at all times. If someone is currently using a Single Application Mode Android device, that user cannot exit the application, plus the app starts automatically if the device reboots.
How to set up Single Application Mode on Android
The easiest way to set up Single Application Mode Android devices is to use SureLock.
Install SureLock and follow the steps below to enable Single Application Mode and run only one app on Android devices you own:
1. Launch SureLock
2. On SureLock Home Screen, tap 5 times within 3 seconds to launch the password prompt
3. Enter your default password – 0000 (four zeros) and tap OK
4. On Admin Settings screen, tap Allowed Applications
5. On Allowed Applications screen, use Add App option to add your desired application in Single Application Mode
6. Tap Done to go back to Admin Settings
7. On Admin Settings screen, tap SureLock Settings
8. On SureLock Settings screen, tap Single Application Mode and enable Single Application Mode option
Note: Please read the information message before you tap on OK
9. Return back to SureLock Home Screen. Your application will now run in Single Application Mode, also known as Android Single App Mode.
Note: For Single Application Mode to be enabled, only one application can be visible on SureLock’s Home Screen. If you need to run more than one app internally, you can add other apps to the list of allowed applications as well and mark them as hidden. These hidden applications can be launched when accessed via the application visible on SureLock Home Screen when Android Single App Mode is active.
Watch the video – Lock Android to a Single Application using SureLock
To learn on how to exit from Single Application Mode, click here
The next time you see a popular search query like “Android allow only one app,” you will know the best answer: SureLock by 42Gears. If you want to run only one custom app in Android and prevent users from running anything else, you can use SureLock to set up Single Application Mode or Single App Mode on your Android tablets, Android smartphones or Android rugged devices. It’s the easiest answer for anyone who needs to know how to run only one app on Android devices.
Exclusive News and Updates on Enterprise Mobility!
Subscribe for our free newsletter