Home > Blog > How to setup automatic scheduled reboot of Android devices with SureLock?
How to setup automatic scheduled reboot of Android devices with SureLock?
Apr 02, 2015 | 42Gears Team
When your Android device is in lockdown mode with access to only allowed applications and no access to device settings, it is quite possible that after certain period of time with extensive usage, the device may show signs of not operating upto its potential level. Device could become slow, Wi-Fi function may get patchy or worse, high battery drainage and so on.
There could be many such common issues which can be fixed by a simple reboot. A reboot could clear cache to counter the slow processing, close services/applications running in the background that might be eating away the battery life or restore lost WiFi connection. However, if you are using Mobile Device Management solutions like SureMDM to monitor and push jobs to your devices, sometimes they need a reboot for the changed settings to come into effect.
Now, SureLock allows you to schedule a reboot of your Samsung KNOXenabled or rooted device. You can simply create a reboot plan for a specific day and time for your kiosks/field devices/or any Android devices with SureLock.
To enable this feature, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Access SureLock Admin Settings by tapping on the screen five times within three seconds and entering SureLock Password
2. On Admin Settings screen, tap on SureLock Settings
3. On SureLock Settings screen, tap on ScheduleReboot
4. On ScheduleRebootSettings screen, tap on EnableScheduledReboot
5. Tap on ChangeScheduleRebootTime, to specify a time for the reboot
6. Once done, select the days using listed options under SelectDays section
7. Tap on Done to complete
Now, your device will automatically reboot on the set time and day without losing the lockdown.
If you want to explore more such features of SureLock, download a trial here.
To read more about SureLock for Android, click here.