SureLock for Android - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Tell me more about SureLock.
SureLock is a tool used by enterprises for locking down mobile devices & tablets. SureLock provides kiosk type execution environment on Android devices, Windows 7, 8 and 10, iOS and Windows Mobile/CE devices where only approved applications are allowed to run.
2. How does SureLock help enterprises?
By design, Android OS is a generic platform containing lots of built-in programs like games, browsers, messaging apps, etc. Android also provide users with different ways to access and run those applications.
- Home Screen
- Hardware buttons (keypad)
- Taskbar icons on top
- File Explorer
- Autorun on SD Card
- APK Installation
Companies use Android devices to run business applications that their employees use. Unless the device is locked, the employee can access games and other apps and can get distracted during working hours, resulting in the loss of productivity. Moreover a not-so-knowledgeable person can disrupt the device settings (database deletion, turn-off wireless) which will cause business application failure. Corrupt devices must be returned to the IT department which again wastes critical time and money.
To avoid the above problems, the best option is to lock down business devices so that only approved applications can be launched and used by the employees. SureLock provides you with a highly configurable solution which enables kiosk type execution environment on Android mobile devices and tablets.
3. What are SureLock's biggest features?
For a list of features, please look here.
4. What Android versions are supported by SureLock?
SureLock is available for the following Android versions:
- Android 10
- 9.0 Pie
- 8.0 Oreo
- 7.0 Nougat
- 6.0 Marshmallow
- 5.0 Lollipop
- 4.4 KitKat
- 4.3 Jelly Bean
5. Is there a way to operate an Android tablet device in kiosk mode?
SureLock has been thoroughly tested on Android devices as well to provide you a smooth user experience combined with security that is second-to-none.
6. How do I select the application(s) that I want the device to run?
You can select the allowed applications by following the steps below:
1. Launch SureLock
2. Tap on the screen five times within three seconds to launch the SureLock password prompt
3. Type in your SureLock Admin password to access the SureLock Settings menu
4. Tap on Allowed Applications
5. On the Allowed Application screen, tap on Add App
6. Select the application(s) which you want to allow from the application list
7. Tap on Done to complete
7. What device models are supported by SureLock?
SureLock should run on practically any Android device. Many customers have successfully used SureLock on various handheld models from the following vendors:
and many more.