SureLock for Android - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Tell me more about your product SureLock?
SureLock is a tool used by enterprises for locking down Mobile devices & Tablets. SureLock provides kiosk type execution environment on Android devices, Windows 7 and 8, iOS and Windows Mobile/CE devices where only Approvedapplications are allowed to run.
2. How does SureLock help enterprises?
By design, Android OS is a generic platform containing lots of built-in programs like games, browser, messaging apps etc. Android also provide users with different ways to access and run those applications.
Hardware buttons (keypad)
Taskbar icons on top
Autorun on SD Card
Companies use Android devices to run business applications that their employees use. Unless the device is locked, the employee can access games and other apps and can get distracted during working hours, resulting in loss of productivity. Moreover a not-so-knowledgeable person can disrupt the device settings (database deletion, turn-off wireless) which will cause business application failure. Corrupt devices are returned to IT department which again wastes critical time and money.
To avoid above problems, the best option is to lock down the device so that only Approved applications can be launched and used by the employees. SureLock provides you with a highly configurable solution which enables kiosk type execution environment on Android Mobiles & Tablets.
3. What are the cool features SureLock has?
For a complete list of features, please read Features section here.
4. What Android versions are supported by SureLock?
SureLock is available for the following Android versions:
4.3 Jelly Bean
4.2 Jelly Bean
4.1 Jelly Bean
4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
5. Is there a way to operate an Android tablet device in kiosk mode?
SureLock has been thoroughly tested on Android devices as well to provide you a smooth user experience combined with security second to none.
6. How do I select the allowed applications to run on the device?
You can select the allowed applications by following the steps below:
1. Launch SureLock
2. Tap on screen five times within three seconds to launch SureLock password prompt
3. Type in SureLock Admin password to access SureLock Settings
4. Tap on Allowed Applications
5. On Allowed Application screen, tap on Add App
6. Select the application which you want to allow from the application list.
7. Tap on Done to complete
7. It is as simple as that and you are good to go.
7. What device models are supported by SureLock?
SureLock should run on practically any Android device. Many customers have successfully used SureLock on various handheld models from the following vendors.
and many more..