Case Study - Education
Turito Offers Industry-Leading International Tutoring with the Help of 42Gears
Turito India Pvt. Ltd. is an India-based online tutoring company that specializes in test preparation and one-on-one academic instruction. Turito’s group classes use a unique dual-teacher model that ensures students quickly receive answers to any questions they have. The firm teaches exclusively though remote sessions, catering to an international audience, including India, Singapore, the Middle East, and the United States.
Turito has partnered with schools in several countries to offer tablets to students who need them to access Turito’s tutoring services. However, this introduced a few major challenges regarding the way students used the devices:
- Students could get distracted through off-topic apps and websites, reducing tutoring effectiveness.
- If students needed to download or update educational apps, Turito needed a way to ensure students actually complied.
- To keep devices safe and functional for students, Turito needed a way to track devices and find them if they were lost, and remotely troubleshoot them if they malfunctioned.
- Some activities would require the use of Bluetooth accessories; students might not know how to pair them to their phones, or could get distracted during that process.
Turito solved its device management challenges with the help of 42Gears. In particular, Turito implemented SureMDM (the 42Gears device management solution), SureLock (the 42Gears device lockdown solution), and SureFox (the 42Gears web browser lockdown solution). 42Gears stood out to Turito by combining a robust feature set with excellent customer-support.
Thanks to 42Gears, Turito resolved many of its concerns:
- SureLock and SureFox allowed Turtio to lock tablets down to pre-approved apps and websites, respectively. Turito also blocked access to Safe Mode and factory-reset features to ensure students couldn’t bypass kiosk mode.
- Turito used SureMDM to install applications and updates over-the-air, so they did not need to rely on students remembering to do so manually.
- SureMDM’s location-tracking features enabled Turito to determine device location, so students could find lost devices and get back to learning. Admins could also use SureMDM’s Remote Control feature to quickly repair devices from anywhere.
- 42Gears offered a Bluetooth Manager plugin that let admins easily manage Bluetooth connections on students’ behalf.
Location: India, with an international audience
Products: SureMDM, SureLock, and SureFox
Operating System: Android
Devices: Lenovo tablets
Challenges: Turito gave students tablets for remote tutoring, but needed to ensure students would stay focused, and would not misuse the tablets
Solutions: SureLock and SureFox empowered Turito to permit access only to pre-approved apps and websites. SureMDM’s location-tracking and Remote Support features let admins ensure students would always have functional devices for tutoring.
- Students have displayed strong focus, as they can only use Turito-approved apps and websites.
- The ability to remotely update devices ensured every student had the right software at all times, which made group sessions go as smoothly as possible.
- Students had exceptional attendance records, as Turito quickly resolved any issues regarding lost or malfunctioning devices that would interfere with student engagement.
- Teachers had high flexibility in lesson-planning, as they could ask students to easily connect Bluetooth accessories whenever needed.
“42Gears has helped us to facilitate online classes for Students. With the Kiosk Lockdown feature, we restrict students to use only educational applications while at the same time whitelisting only educational URLs. Remote support and location tracking are added benefits.”