Case Study - Staffing Services
The Ōnin Group improves efficiency by 100% with 42Gears UEM
The Ōnin Group is an American staffing solutions company based in Birmingham, Alabama.
The company helps its clients find candidates best-suited for jobs in manufacturing, logistics, and other industry sectors.
In addition to several staffing subsidiaries, the Ōnin Group owns ventures in capital funding, equipment and supply, and timber.
Background and Challenges
The Ōnin Group uses Samsung tablets for recruitment, but some issues undercut the efficacy of this strategy:
- Provisioning new devices one-by-one was prohibitively tedious and time-consuming.
- If employees or candidates were to play games or otherwise get distracted by the tablets, it could disrupt the recruitment process.
- Without a way for the IT team to track devices in the field, employees could lose devices with no way to easily find them. The IT team also needed a way to quickly assess device inventory, and know whether devices were online or offline at any given time.
- If devices malfunctioned in the field, technicians would need to travel on-site to repair them, or employees would need to return the devices to the IT team’s office.
- The IT team needed a way to find devices that required repairs before they broke down altogether.
SureMDM and SureLock by 42Gears
42Gears had the tools needed to fulfill all of The Ōnin Group’s needs. Specifically, The Ōnin Group implemented SureMDM, the device management solution by 42Gears, and SureLock, the device lockdown solution by 42Gears.
Name : The Ōnin Group
Industry : Field Services/Staffing Services
Location : Birmingham, Alabama, USA.
Products : SureMDM by 42Gears and SureLock by 42Gears
OS : Android
Device Type : Samsung Tablets
Challenges : The Ōnin Group needed tablets to help with recruiting for its staffing services, but this introduced issues with tracking, repairing, and securing devices efficiently.
Solution : The Ōnin Group used SureMDM and SureLock to secure, monitor, and manage devices remotely, improving efficiency and productivity significantly while saving money.
With the help of SureMDM and SureLock, The Ōnin Group resolved its concerns:
- SureMDM’s support for Android Zero-Touch Enrollment allowed an IT admin to seamlessly provision multiple tablets at once from the central SureMDM console.
- Thanks to SureLock, The Ōnin Group blocked access to all non-approved apps and settings menus for device users.
- The central SureMDM console allowed administrators to easily track all devices from a single location.
- SureMDM’s Remote Control functionality makes it easy for IT admins to quickly troubleshoot all business devices in the field.
- The IT team used SureMDM’s analytics capabilities to get real-time reports on a range of valuable device health metrics, including updates on device online/offline status, battery level, storage memory, and data usage.
- The time required to set up devices substantially decreased, helping to double overall company efficiency.
- By keeping device users focused, The Ōnin Group saw productivity increase by 75%.
- Admins could keep devices secure by continually tracking them.
- Troubleshooting devices remotely saved a great deal of time and effort, cutting support costs by 75%.
- By having access to a variety of metrics, The Ōnin Group can prevent device breakdowns by performing preventative maintenance.
“42Gears has been a wonderful team to work with. The products offered checked off so many boxes for our application that it was an easy decision for our company. For us, the ability to maintain, track, and monitor our devices in the field is a must-have. The ability to remotely login has saved our IT technicians so much time; it allows us to be proactive vs reactive to problems the field-force faces.”
IT Support Manager,
The Ōnin Group.