Case Study - Financial Services
The Mike Carlson Motor Company Streamlines Vehicle Maintenance with 42Gears
The Mike Carlson Motor Company (MCMC) is a premier used-car dealership in Northern Texas, USA.
Spanning across five locations, MCMC has provided over 250,000 area residents with vehicles since its inception in 1969.
MCMC helps customers finance the cars they purchase, and provides maintenance on vehicles after purchase.
Background and Challenges
MCMC provided its service technicians with tablets to easily check inventory and communicate with other departments within the company.
These tablets introduced some new challenges that MCMC needed to resolve quickly.
- Setting up and distributing the tablets was time-consuming and error-prone.
- Given that MCMC had operations across multiple locations, tracking every device and ensuring that they all worked and looked the same was difficult.
- MCMC’s IT team was fairly small and did not have the bandwidth necessary to travel to a facility each time a device experienced malfunctions.
- Technicians would use the tablets for amusement, harming productivity.
Name : Mike Carlson Motor Company
Industry : Field Services
Location : Northern Texas, USA
Products : SureMDM and SureLock
Operating System : Android
Devices : Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Deployment Size : 100+
Challenges : The Mike Carlson Motor Company provided service technicians with tablets, and needed a way to quickly troubleshoot these tablets and keep technicians on-task.
Solution : SureMDM and SureLock kept devices locked down to only the apps technicians needed, and remote troubleshooting functionality made repairs much easier.
SureMDM and SureLock by 42Gears
42Gears had the tools MCMC needed to make its tablets easier to manage.
MCMC especially appreciated how easy it was to set up 42Gears’ software on their tablets.
42Gears specifically helped MCMC implement SureMDM, the 42Gears device management solution, and SureLock, the 42Gears lockdown solution.
With the help of 42Gears, MCMC resolved the issues it had experienced with its tablets.
- SureMDM made it easier for MCMC to set up devices quickly, with support for fast enrollment tools.
- Using the central SureMDM console, MCMC could remotely review each device’s apps and key performance metrics, ensuring consistency.
- SureMDM’s Remote Troubleshooting feature allowed IT admins to view and control device screens remotely.
- SureLock restricted devices to only those apps necessary for repair work, hiding games and other distractions.
- The initial deployment time needed per device dropped from 45 minutes to 10 minutes.
- Inventory management has become much easier.
- Faster troubleshooting has allowed MCMC to cut their overall device management costs in half.
- MCMC has seen overall productivity and efficiency increase by 50% or more.
“42Gears not only made our mobile project a possibility, but they also made it easy and successful. As a small IT team, we have enough to manage as it is, adding 30+ new devices to the environment wouldn't have been in the cards without their tools.”
- William Carlson,
Mike Carlson Motor Company