Case Study - Field Services
Signal 88 Boosts Security with 42Gears
Signal 88 is an American security firm, working to keep both residential and commercial properties safe.
Signal 88 of Anchorage is a Signal 88 franchise located in Anchorage, the largest city in the state of Alaska.
In 2019, Signal 88 of Anchorage was named Franchise of the Year Runner-Up among all Signal 88 franchises.
Background and Challenges
As part of its offerings, Signal 88 provides clients with access to 88Edge, an app that allows clients and security professionals to communicate in real time for peace of mind.
Signal 88 of Alaska provided employees with Samsung tablets for the sake of using Edge88, but this created some new issues:
- Workers became easily distracted by apps that did not relate to keeping clients safe, like games and social media.
- Using games and social media also elevated data consumption costs to an unreasonable level.
- If the 88Edge app crashed, device users had to reinstall the app. To do this, they would need a sensitive password. Therefore, management had to give the passcode access to any employee with a crashed app, which presented a security risk.
SureMDM and SureLock by 42Gears
42Gears had the tools Signal 88 needed to keep its employees focused while on the job. Signal 88 implemented SureMDM, the 42Gears device management solution, and SureLock, the 42Gears device lockdown solution.
With the help of SureMDM and SureLock, Signal 88 quickly resolved its concerns.
Name : Signal 88 Security of Anchorage
Industry : Field Services
Location : Anchorage, Alaska, USA.
Products : SureMDM by 42Gears and SureLock by 42Gears
OS : Android
Device Type : Samsung
Challenges : Signal 88 of Anchorage’s employees help to protect both personal and private property, but they were getting distracted by mobile devices while on the job. Plus, crashes were a major concern.
Solution : SureLock kept employees focused on the task at hand, while repairs were made easy thanks to SureMDM’s Remote Control functionality.
- Thanks to SureLock, Signal 88 could lock down its tablets to only allow access to the 88Edge app. This made sure employees stayed on task.
- By preventing distractions, Signal 88 also cut down on data costs substantially.
- SureMDM’s remote support features allowed Signal 88 to repair devices remotely without needing to give employees important passwords.
- Signal 88 estimates productivity has increased by 30% since workers became more focused.
- Signal 88’s data consumption costs decreased substantially on a monthly basis, going from hundreds of dollars per month to less than a hundred.
- Devices malfunction less often thanks to blocking unapproved apps, and when malfunctions do occur, they can quickly be resolved remotely.
"SureLock has assisted us with mitigating misuse of our company devices. We have been able to prevent our Officers from accessing specific applications, web browsers and cellular data tethering that ultimately distracts them from conducting their duties. Once set up, SureLock and SureMDM are simple to operate and maintain. The features available are high-grade and present easy-to-use solutions to mobility issues our Franchise has experienced. 42Gears support has always been top notch. It has always been easy to get a live person on the phone when I've had issues."
- Will Serra,
Owner of Signal 88 Security, Anchorage