Case Study - Tyre Manufacturing
MRF Drives Success with the Help of 42Gears
MRF Tyres is India’s largest tire manufacturer, and one of the largest tire manufacturers in the world. In addition to an extensive network of partner retailers, MRF operates a set of flagship stores dedicated exclusively to its tires.
Background and Challenges
MRF Tyres’ stores modernized the customer experience by integrating tablets, but this introduced a handful of new challenges.
- IT professionals found that setting up and managing tablets one-by-one was time-consuming.
- Managers expressed concern that employees and customers would navigate away from the MRF Tyres app to access unwanted content.
- The tablets struggled to maintain connectivity because users couldn’t easily shift between Wi-Fi networks based on signal strength.
SureMDM, SureLock, and SureVideo by 42Gears
42Gears had the tools MRF Tyres needed to overcome its challenges regarding its in-store tablets.
42Gears helped MRF Tyres implement SureMDM, the 42Gears device management solution, SureLock, the 42Gears device lockdown solution, and SureVideo, the 42Gears secure video playback solution.
- SureMDM enabled IT professionals to deploy and maintain tablets in bulk from a central console, streamlining the management process. Admins could remotely set up SureLock and SureVideo on every device that needed them.
- SureLock locked the tablets down to a single app (The MRF Tyres app), and prevented users from using external device buttons or Android interface buttons to exit lockdown mode. If managers wanted tablets to loop through videos instead, they could use SureVideo.
- SureLock automatically opened the tablet’s Wi-Fi center in the event of connectivity issues, making it easy to find and connect to a stable (and secure) network.
Industry : Retail
Location : Throughout India
Products : SureMDM and SureLock
Operating System : Android
Devices : Lenovo tablets
Challenges : MRF Tyres needed to lock down and manage many tablets at once in retail stores.
Solution: SureMDM made it much easier to manage many devices at once, while SureLock and SureVideo kept tablets locked down to one app or video, respectively.
- By implementing SureMDM for bulk device management, MRF Tyres reduced their in-house tech support spending by 35%.
- SureLock and SureVideo prevented device misuse in-store, keeping employees on-task and improving productivity by 45%.
- Tablet users reported a smoother experience thanks to SureLock’s auto-launching of the tablet’s Wi-Fi center.