Case Study - Telecommunications
Major Telecommunications Company Enhances Its Retail Experience with 42Gears
A major Middle Eastern telecommunications company provides cellular service, television, and other services to over 150 million subscribers across the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
The company sells mobile phones and other devices in conjunction with voice and data plans.
In order to let customers see devices and services in person, the company operates many stores across countries like the UAE.
Background and Challenges
The company wanted to play promotional videos on in-store devices when they were not being used. This came with some logistical challenges:
- The promotions being displayed would need to change over time, but updating them on each device would be prohibitively time-consuming.
- As the company stores already had a digital infrastructure in place, any video-looping software would need to be a “plug and play” solution.
- As the stores offered both Android and iOS devices, the company needed a solution that could manage Android and iOS devices at once.
Industry : Retail/Telecommunications
Location : UAE (with a reach across the Middle East, Asia, and Africa)
Products : SureMDM by 42Gears and SureVideo by 42Gears
OS : Android and iOS
Challenges : The company needed to play looping promotional videos on in-store devices that were not in use.
Solution: SureVideo made it easy to set up looping videos, while SureMDM allowed admins to remotely manage and update device content as necessary.
SureMDM and SureVideo by 42Gears
42Gears had the video-looping tools the company needed, along with convenient remote management functionality.
Specifically, the company implemented SureMDM, the 42Gears device management solution, and SureVideo, the 42Gears video-looping solution.
Together, SureVideo and SureMDM provided the company with the tools needed to succeed:
- SureVideo made it easy to securely loop videos on devices that were not being used by customers. Using SureMDM, the company could remotely update video content at any time, making it easy to keep devices up-to-date.
- The company used the on-premise version of SureMDM for the sake of easily integrating with the company’s servers.
- SureMDM and SureVideo work with both Android and iOS devices, allowing company admins to manage all of their promotional devices from a single console.
The company ran promotional videos exactly as it intended, with a minimal amount of time and effort needed to ensure campaigns ran smoothly.
- The on-premise configuration of SureMDM worked perfectly for the company’s needs, as admins could rapidly update and secure every device as necessary.
- The company was so satisfied with its initial pilot that it decided to move ahead with a larger implementation of 42Gears software.