Case Study - Technology
Instacom Strengthens Its Solutions With The Help Of 42Gears
Instacom is a major telecommunications firm in South Africa, which spearheaded the introduction of push-to-talk technology in that country.
Instacom offers a range of applications and tools that improve frontline employee productivity and safety, such as an application that serves as a panic button.
By bundling these tools into a comprehensive solution that also includes a data plan, Instacom offers its clients a one-stop enterprise mobility solution.
Background and Challenges
Initially, some mobile device issues came up across multiple companies that employed Instacom’s services:
- Worker devices would malfunction when workers inadvertently changed device settings during the workday, such as activating airplane mode.
- If workers used devices excessively, this could result in high data consumption costs for Instacom’s clients.
- Instacom would send staff on-site to fix issues, but this was inefficient and time-consuming.
Name : Instacom
Industry : Field Services
Location : South Africa
Products : SureMDM and SureLock
OS : Android
Challenges : Instacom needed a way to prevent workers from tampering with device settings and consuming excess data.
Solution : Instacom used SureLock by 42Gears to lock down devices to pre-approved apps and settings, and used SureRemote Control feature to further streamline the support process.
SureMDM and SureLock by 42Gears
Instacom ultimately decided to use SureMDM, the 42Gears device management solution, and SureLock, the 42Gears device lockdown solution, to resolve the issues their clients had experienced. The company made this decision based on the robust features 42Gears offered, as well as the products’ accessible price point.
With SureMDM and SureLock, Instacom resolved its issues quickly:
- SureLock restricted access to device settings, ensuring that workers could not cause issues by tampering with settings mid-day.
- Instacom also used SureLock to restrict worker devices to only work-related apps, preventing data consumption that resulted from using personal apps.
- SureMDM’s Remote Control feature enabled Instacom to remotely troubleshoot devices from a central console, which made on-site travel unnecessary in many instances.
- Instacom’s clients saw increased productivity, as fewer device malfunctions occurred.
- Clients’ data consumption charges decreased. This allowed Instacom to confidently offer data plans as part of its solution, as there was no risk of data overages.
- Instacom cut its support costs in half as it could now quickly resolve most device issues remotely through SureMDM.
“We have got the best solutions for the problems we were faced with. SureMDM has brought down our support cost by 50%. SureLock is the most powerful lockdown product with rich features that is available in the market”
Francois du Toit,
National IT & Support Manager,