Case Study - Aviation / Transportation
IndiGo Flies High With 42Gears
IndiGo is India’s largest airline, focusing on providing budget flights between destinations within India.
The company has received a number of international recognitions, including the TripAdvisor 2019 Travellers’ Choice award for low-cost airlines based in Asia.
IndiGo also has a growing presence outside of India, offering flights from India to destinations like Athens, Paris, and London.
Background and Challenges
IndiGo employs a range of devices to scan barcodes as customers make their way through airports to the plane. The chaotic setting of a busy airport posed some challenges.
- If devices malfunctioned, lost all charge, found only weak signal strength, or experienced other issues, sending someone to fix them was expensive and time-consuming.
- Different members of IndiGo had different levels of authorization for accessing and modifying devices, which was both logistically complex and difficult to reinforce.
- Indigo was strongly concerned about device security, as the company had no easy way to test for liabilities.
- Employees would sometimes use IndiGo devices to access games and social media, resulting in high data consumption.
SureMDM and SureLock by 42Gears
IndiGo identified 42Gears as the best partner to help resolve its concerns. 42Gears worked with IndiGo to implement SureMDM (the 42Gears device management solution) and SureLock (the 42Gears device lockdown solution).
Together, SureMDM and SureLock enabled IndiGo to overcome their device management challenges:
Products: SureMDM and SureLock
Operating Systems: iOS/iPadOS, macOS, Android, and Windows PE (Pocket Edition)
Deployment Size: 1000-5000 devices
Challenges: IndiGo needed a way to secure, monitor, and manage airport devices, in order to keep employees on-task and keep the boarding process as efficient as possible.
Solution: IndiGo used SureMDM and SureLock to improve device monitoring, enable remote troubleshooting, and eliminate potential employee distractions.
- SureMDM’s Remote Control troubleshooting functionality enabled remote troubleshooting, while the SureMDM analytics engine helped to identify patterns in battery charge and signal strength.
- SureMDM provided IndiGo with a streamlined method of assigning different privileges to different system admins.
- IndiGo used SureLock to restrict devices to only necessary applications, and continually monitored device security with SureMDM.
- IndiGo streamlined its day-to-day operations significantly after implementing SureMDM and SureLock, resulting in greater efficiency.
- Because devices could be repaired more quickly, customer service quality improved.
- By restricting devices to on-topic apps, IndiGo sharply lowered its mobile data costs.