Case Study - Healthcare IT
escos automation Takes Senior Care Into the Future with 42Gears
Based in Germany, escos automation GmbH focuses on technology that helps geriactic caretakers keep the elderly safe.
The company’s flagship offering is escos Copilot, an integrated solution combining a tablet, home sensors, and remote computing technology to help the elderly live safely and comfortably.
In group homes, Copilot tablets also provide a means of socialization; seniors in group homes can use the tablets to post notices, coordinate food delivery, and more.
Background and Challenges
As the hub of each escos Copilot system the company installed, the company’s tablets needed to fulfill a rigorous set of requirements:
- The tablets that escos Copilot uses needed to work well at all times. If these tablets developed any issues, seniors might not be equipped to fix them.
- As seniors were often not tech-savvy, the company needed to present only a few applications on-screen.
- To keep devices safe, the company needed to regularly install updates, but could not afford to do so in a way that disrupted seniors using the tablets.
- As many of the tablets were placed in public areas, the company needed to make sure the tablets stayed safe and were used only as intended.
SureMDM and SureLock by 42Gears
escos automation chose 42Gears for a device management solution because of the excellent ongoing support 42Gears provided to its customers. In particular, the company implemented SureMDM, the 42Gears device management solution, and SureLock, the 42Gears device lockdown solution.
With the help of SureMDM and SureLock, escos automation resolved its concerns about tablet management:
- Thanks to SureMDM’s Remote Control feature, escos automation and its sales partners could now remotely troubleshoot customer technical problems in real-time.
- SureLock empowered the company to lock tablets down only a few necessary applications, making the devices easy to navigate. Additionally, the company used SureLock’s customization tools to increase the size of on-screen icons, accommodating those with poor eyesight.
- With SureMDM, the company could now remotely push apps and app updates to devices silently, which ensured anyone using the tablets would not be interrupted.
- The company used SureMDM to push and enforce security policies on every device, keeping each device safe regardless of where it was used.
- Managing tablets has made it much easier for escos automation to help its clients quickly. The time required to deploy each tablet has decreased by 75%, and efficiency and productivity have both increased by 50%.
- The tablets employed by escos autopilot are easy-to-use, ensuring seniors have an enjoyable experience with escos Copilot
- escos automation staff can now complete remote app installation, de-installation, and updates without disrupting the user experience or scheduling ahead of time with users.
- Keeping tablets secure bolsters the company’s credibility and shows its dedication to the wellbeing of its clients’ charges.
“The reason why we chose 42Gears UEM was excellent support. And after years of working with 42Gears, we still love the support team!”
- Albert Premer,
escos automation GmbH
Name : escos automation GmbH
Industry : Healthcare/Systems Integration
Location : Berlin, Germany
OS : Android
Devices : Samsung
Deployment Size : 100+ Devices
Challenges : escos automation needed a way to secure, monitor, and manage the tablets it used for geriactric care.
Solution : Thanks to 42Gears, escos automation could keep tablets safe remotely, update the devices without disrupting the user experience, and much more.
Products : SureMDM by 42Gears and SureLock by 42Gears