Case Study - Telecommunications/Healthcare
CuraTec Gains an Edge with 42Gears and Fosters Better Patient Care
CuraTec is a Netherlands-based system integrator that creates custom telecommunication solutions for clients of all kinds.
One industry in which CuraTec works is elder care, helping nursing homes to modernize. By relying on CuraTec to maintain its tech infrastructure, a nursing home can fully focus on optimizing patient care.
Background and Challenges
CuraTec faced some challenges with the nursing home tech infrastructures it needed to maintain:
1. Both caretakers and elderly users would on occasion tamper with device settings, which would result in devices not working properly.
2. When devices malfunctioned, CuraTec would often need to send an expert on-site, which was costly and inconvenient.
3. Without a way to track devices, CuraTec would not know if a device had been stolen or lost.
SureMDM and SureLock by 42Gears
CuraTec chose 42Gears software to improve its ability to manage devices. CuraTec implemented SureMDM, the 42Gears device management solution, and SureLock, the 42Gears device lockdown solution.
Thanks to SureMDM and SureLock, CuraTec found solutions to the device-related challenges it faced:
1. The company used SureLock to lock devices down into Kiosk Mode. This prevented users from accessing settings menus, so they could not change settings intentionally or unintentionally.
2. SureMDM offered Remote Control functionality, which allowed admins to remotely troubleshoot many device issues. Admins could simulate clicks or taps as if they were right in front of the malfunctioning devices.
3. Admins can now track devices from the SureMDM central console, making it easy to maintain a device inventory and keep devices safe.
Operating System: Android
Solution: SureMDM and SureLock
Deployment Size: 1000 +
Challenges: CuraTec needed to secure nursing home devices in order to keep anyone from tampering with device settings or stealing tablets.
Solution: 42Gears helped CuraTec implement SureMDM for remote device management, and SureLock to prevent device tampering.
1. CuraTec has seen device-malfunction rates decrease by 80%, as users can no longer tamper with settings.
2. Thanks to remote troubleshooting, on-site support costs are close to zero.
3. Efficiency and productivity have both increased by 80%.
“42Gears UEM helped us reduce support costs for our customers and increase our profit with a more reliable solution in the end. The user interface is simple and the features suit perfectly for us. Customer support has been great.”
Wiebe de Boer,