Case Study - Construction
Commercial Ready-Mix Products Paves a Path to Success with 42Gears
Commercial Ready-Mix Products Inc. (CRMP) is a producer of ready-mix concrete for the American states of North Carolina and Virginia..
CRMP’s holdings include about eighty mixer vehicles, ten concrete batch plant facilities, and a few additional portable concrete batch plants.
In addition to its main operations, CRMP operates a sand and gravel transport business, hauling sand and gravel from sand pits and quarries to job sites.
Background and Challenges
CRMP provided drivers transporting sand and gravel with tablets to make record-keeping easier. However, CRMP needed to resolve some concerns before considering the new tablets a success:
- If devices malfunctioned, repairing them would be quite difficult while drivers were on the road.
- CRMP needed a way to distribute apps remotely, as asking drivers to bring devices in-person would be extremely inefficient.
- The company needed a way to keep track of tablets, as a way of indirectly tracking vehicles. Additionally, if devices were lost or stolen, CRMP could find the devices again.
- Without supervision, workers would likely download and use games and other personal apps. This could easily result in excessive data consumption fees; plus, these apps could possibly interfere with the apps workers were supposed to use.
Name : Commercial Ready Mix Products, Inc.
Industry : Field Services/Construction
Location : North Carolina and Virginia, USA.
Products : SureMDM and SureLock
Challenges : Commercial Ready Mix Products, Inc. needed to deploy tablets for a large number of workers to improve safety and efficiency.
Solution : Thanks to SureMDM by 42Gears, CRMP was able to secure, monitor, and manage devices just as it needed, without having to pay for any unnecessary features.
SureMDM and SureLock by 42Gears
42Gears had the tools CRMP needed to secure worker tablets, with a degree of customization that no other company could match. Although other companies offered elaborate device management packages, they all required CRMP to purchase extra tools it did not need. With 42Gears, CRMP got access to everything it needed, without being forced to pay for add-ons.
CRMP used SureMDM, the 42Gears device management solution, and SureLock, the 42Gears device lockdown solution, to address its tablet-related concerns:
- SureMDM included Remote Control functionality that empowered CRMP’s IT team to remotely troubleshoot worker devices, no matter where the devices were.
- Using the SureMDM central console, CRMP could remotely distribute apps and app updates whenever necessary.
- SureMDM enabled CRMP to track tablets from the central console, and obtain important device metrics at any time. The console also included emergency lock down, restart, and wipe commands in the event devices were stolen.
- SureLock locked devices down so they only used pre-approved applications. This prevented drivers from being distracted or consuming excess data.
- Remote repair has allowed CRMP to save an enormous amount of time on device repairs.
- CRMP has also saved a great deal of time on app and settings deployment thanks to the SureMDM console.
- CRMP can make more informed business decisions thanks to SureMDM’s analytics capabilities. The emergency safety features also ensure that devices remain safe, even if lost or stolen.
- Driver focus has improved, and CRMP no longer needs to worry about excessive data consumption.
“The product(s) itself and support of 42Gears are easily the finest I have experienced. They have a dedicated team that is always eager to help. I enjoy the fact that using 42Gears products I can easily fix all issues remotely without jailbreaking the tablet, saving my time and resources”.
Andrew Eger, Communications and Distribution, Technology Manager,
Commercial Ready Mix Products, Inc.