Case Study - Technology
Areatec Transforms Parking App Monitoring with 42Gears
Areatec is a Brazilian company that focuses on helping Brazilians get the most out of their mobile technology.
Areatec’s signature product is Digipare, a parking app that allows users to remotely coordinate and pay for parking in advance.
The company also provides custom consulting on request, helping companies to painlessly complete their enterprise mobility transformations.
Background and Challenges
Areatec provides its field workers with tablets as they verify parking passes issued via Digipare. The tablets themselves caused some issues, however:
- Ensuring every device had the latest apps and app updates was a daunting task, given that devices in the field were far from each other.
- Field workers would sometimes use devices to play games or otherwise engage with off-topic content, harming overall efficiency.
- Because of off-topic device use, workers would often generate large data consumption bills.
- If devices required troubleshooting, an IT team member would need to travel to the field worker, or vice versa, requiring a huge amount of time.
Name : Areatec® Technologies
Industry : Field Services
Location : São Paulo, Brazil
Products : SureMDM by 42Gears and SureLock by 42Gears
OS : Android
Challenges : Areatec provided its field workers with tablets for checking parking passes, but the devices were hard to manage and could be distracting.
Solution : SureMDM and SureLock made the tablets easier to manage, while ensuring workers could not look at off-topic content using the tablets.
SureMDM and SureLock by 42Gears
Areatec chose to deploy 42Gears software because it was easy-to-use and full of useful features. In particular, Areatec implemented SureMDM, the 42Gears device management solution, and SureLock, the 42Gears device lockdown solution.
Thanks to SureMDM and SureLock, Areatec quickly overcame its issues:
- Using the SureMDM console, admins could easily configure devices with apps and updates remotely, substantially reducing the time required for such tasks.
- SureLock locked devices down to only pre-approved applications, ensuring workers stayed on-task.
- SureMDM’s analytics tools let Areatec monitor employee data consumption. If necessary, Areatec could restrict a given device from consuming more data.
- The Remote Control feature within SureMDM allowed Areatec’s IT team to troubleshoot devices from afar at any time, helping to resolve issues much more quickly than was otherwise possible.
- Thanks in part to faster deployment times, managing devices is now easier for Areatec than ever before.
- Locking down devices has resulted in an 85% increase in productivity.
- By monitoring and restricting data consumption, Areatec has reduced data charges by 55%.
- Remote troubleshooting has enabled Areatec to resolve issues in half the time and lower support costs by 30%.
“42Gears helped us manage our devices. The solution is very user-friendly and the features are excellent. We’re very happy with their support services.”