Case Study - Farming
AMVC succeeds with the help of 42Gears
AMVC Management Services runs a large number of sow (pig) farms across the United States, and is one of the ten largest American pork producers.
Many non-AMVC farm owners consult with AMVC on how to optimize nutrition for their livestock, expanding AMVC’s reach even further.
AMVC began as a small network of veterinary clinics, and despite its massive expansion, the company still runs the original clinics today.
Background and Challenges
Some AMVC farm workers needed to use mobile apps to identify the right type of grain for pigs to eat. AMVC provided these workers with smartphones for this reason, but the devices introduced their own issues.
- Workers became overwhelmed by all the resources available to them. This meant they often called AMVC IT helpdesk staff when their phones already had the resources they needed.
- Workers got distracted by games and non-work-related apps, adversely affecting productivity.
SureLock by 42Gears
42Gears had the tools AMVC needed to keep its employees focused and on-task while evaluating grains. AMVC implemented SureLock, the 42Gears device lockdown solution, in order to overcome its device challenges.
With the help of SureLock, AMVC quickly resolved its concerns.
- SureLock locked devices down to only the two apps workers were allowed to use. This helped them quickly find the resources they needed independently, rather than calling for assistance.
- By locking devices down, AMVC also eliminated distractions on worker devices. This helped workers improve focus.
- Workers began using their on-device resources more effectively, cutting down on the frequency of helpdesk requests.
- Thanks to reduced distractions, AMVC increased productivity and efficiency by 25%, and cut its operating costs by 25%.
“Using 42Gears has helped cut down the number of calls made to the helpdesk by allowing us to lock down our devices, so users cannot change settings or use apps they are not allowed.”
- Shane Lingle, IT Specialist,AMVC Management Services
Name : AMVC Management Services
Industry : Field Services
Location : Based in Iowa, with a reach throughout the American midwest
Product : SureLock
OS : Android
Device Type : Samsung
Challenges : workers did not effectively use the work-related resources on their phone, resulting in unnecessary calls to support staff.
Solution : SureLock by 42Gears locked devices down to only work-related resources, ensuring workers could easily find and use them.