Case Study - Education
42Gears Helps Contra Costa County Provide High-Quality Childcare
The Contra Costa County Community Services Bureau (CSB) provides child care services to children across Contra Costa County, one of the most populous counties in California.
Part of the county’s government, the CSB focuses on providing early educational services (such as the national government’s Head Start program) to children from disadvantaged families.
The CSB also distributes grant money to local residents and organizations.
Background and Challenges
The CSB provided employees with smart devices for keeping track of children and coordinating with coworkers. This introduced a few issues that the CSB needed to resolve:
- Given the hectic and kinetic environment in which employees used devices, it was easy to lose track of devices.
- If games and other apps distracted employees, this could endanger children, or incentivize children to take devices for the sake of playing games.
- The CSB was concerned about malware attacks, given the sensitive information that the CSB needed in order to coordinate childcare.
SureMDM and SureLock by 42Gears
42Gears had the affordable solutions the CSB needed to resolve its device management concerns.
With the help of 42Gears, the CSB implemented SureMDM (a device management solution) and SureLock (a device lockdown solution).
Name : Contra Costa County Community Services Bureau (CSB)
Industry : Education
Location : Contra Costa county, California, USA
Devices : Samsung Galaxy tablets
Operating System : Android
Solution : SureMDM and SureLock
Deployment Size : Over 400
Challenges : The Community Services Bureau needed to use smart devices to manage childcare without distracting employees or creating security liabilities.
Solution : The central SureMDM console allowed IT admins to track and secure devices, while SureLock kept employees on-task by blocking distracting apps.
Together, SureMDM and SureLock enabled the CSB to manage its devices more effectively.
- IT admins could use the SureMDM central console to track and manage devices.
- SureLock restricted devices to only the apps needed to provide childcare.
- SureMDM’s compliance policy functions allowed the CSB to mandate responsible device usage to minimize the risk of malware.
- Thanks to better inventory management and remote troubleshooting, the CSB reduced overall IT support costs in half.
- With fewer distractions, the CSB staff has become 50% more efficient. The CSB has also seen a major increase in overall productivity.
- The CSB has kept confidential information safe thanks to the precautions it has taken against malware attacks.
1. The overall efficiency of CSB staff has increased by 50%.
2. CSB enjoys a productivity increase of 50%.
3. CSB has been able to reduce overall IT support costs by 50%.
“I am very satisfied with 42Gears' response and products which are only limited by our organization's implementation process. They quickly resolved any issues we faced during deployment. Also, their team always keeps in touch with us.”
Business Systems, Contra Costa Community Services Bureau