Case Study - Education
A Leading India-based School Embraces Remote Teaching During COVID-19 with 42Gears
A leading India-based school provides education from nursery to grade X.
Background and Challenges
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the school had to adopt remote teaching. Therefore, the school distributed Windows 10 laptops to its educators to facilitate online classes. However, the school administration was not yet prepared to face the challenges associated with teaching online. They still needed a way to ensure that the classes ran smoothly.
- Given that the educators used these laptops to conduct classes virtually, these devices needed to be dedicated to teaching only. Moreover, the school needed a way to restrict off-topic browsing.
- The school needed to monitor activity and ensure security compliance on the laptops at all times.
- They needed to update study materials very frequently.
- As these devices were distributed at various locations during the lockdown, the school wanted to keep track of them.
- The school needed to enable their IT admins to remotely help educators navigate to a particular option or setting whenever the devices malfunctioned.
Products: SureMDM, SureLock and SureFox
Operating System: Windows 10
Devices: Dell Laptops
Challenges: The school needed an easy way to remotely track and manage its devices, update education content and security policies, and provide remote support to educators.
Solution: The school uses SureMDM to monitor devices, push educational content and security policies, and provide remote support whenever required. SureLock provides access to only allowed applications and websites, turning off-the-shelf devices into dedicated purpose devices.
The school deployed 42Gears software to help them because 42Gears offered a feature-rich and affordable device management solution.
They soon overcame its device-related challenges with the help of SureMDM, SureLock, and SureFox. 42Gears' solution ensured that the educators were comfortable using remote teaching tools (laptops) for delivering classes online.
- By restricting access to only approved applications and websites, the school turned the laptops into purpose-built devices. This also prevented off-topic browsing and minimized the risk of downloading malware.
- SureMDM's remote device management allows the school to remotely monitor the devices. Additionally, this feature also helps the school to configure necessary applications and settings, and update them as needed.
- The school can update study material remotely at any time using SureMDM’s content management features.
- SureMDM’s location-tracking feature allows the school to track the devices and maintain a continuous device inventory.
- SureMDM’s remote control feature allows IT admins to monitor devices in real-time and provide educators remote support instantly, without interrupting the classes in progress.
Results and Benefits
- SureMDM's remote control feature has made device management much easier for the school.
- The school doesn't need to use separate tools to track the devices and provide remote support.
“42Gears have helped to facilitate teaching from home. We can easily push content remotely and even take a remote if the teachers are not able to navigate within the system. A very robust MDM at a reasonable price.”
- Head of IT Operations at a Leading Indian School