Case Study - Technology
42Gears and Noovle Help Italy Embrace Enterprise Mobility
Noovle helps Italian firms modernize themselves by harnessing cloud-based digital solutions.
As an official partner to key technologies like Google Cloud and Salesforce, Noovle has the tools and expertise necessary to keep companies competitive.
Noovle offers both software (like the smart search system Quelix) and consulting services, depending on the clients’ needs.
Background and Challenges
Noovle helped complete a large device deployment for Nomination, a major Florence-based jewellery company. Nomination requested devices for its sales force, which was spread across Europe and sold Nomination jewellery in-the-field.
Nomination found some issues occurred that Noovle needed to fix quickly:
- Workers would sometimes change device settings in-the-field, causing issues that required troubleshooting.
- Without restrictions in place, employees would use huge amounts of data per month, which was prohibitively costly for Nomination.
- Some users downloaded malware onto devices by mistake, endangering sensitive corporate data.
- Without a way to remotely track devices, Nomination struggled to maintain a device inventory at all times.
Name : Noovle S.r.l. (a subsidiary of TIM Group)
Industry : Field Services
Location : Milan, Italy (with a reach across Europe)
Products : SureMDM by 42Gears and SureLock by 42Gears
OS : Android
Challenges : Noovle needed to secure, monitor, and manage a fleet of devices used by travelling salespeople.
Solution : Noovle used SureLock to keep workers from changing device settings or downloading malware, while SureMDM helped to monitor data consumption and track device location at all times.
SureMDM and SureLock by 42Gears
Noovle helped Nomination resolve its concerns by using 42Gears software. Specifically, Noovle used SureMDM, the 42Gears device management solution, and SureLock, the 42Gears device lockdown solution.
Once Noovle implemented 42Gears software, Nomination no longer needed to worry about device misuse:
- SureLock restricted access to settings menus, preventing workers from changing settings without authorization.
- SureMDM enabled Noovle to track and restrict per-device data consumption, preventing unnecessary data consumption costs.
- SureLock prevented users from downloading unapproved apps and content, decreasing the chance of introducing malware.
- Using the central SureMDM console, Noovle could continually catalog and track devices.
- Nomination’s devices experienced issues less frequently, and when issues occurred, SureMDM’s Remote Control feature let Noovle admins easily troubleshoot remotely. This drove down support-related costs significantly.
- Nomination could now keep its data costs in check.
- Devices are now more secure, helping Noovle improve Nomination’s device security.
- Keeping track of devices helped Noovle manage Nomination devices more effectively, and identify issues more quickly
“SureLock is the best in its class. Together with SureMDM it offers a solid platform to manage dedicated devices. They are very useful for devices used in the field. We are happy with what we have seen so far.”
Google Apps Certified Administrator,
Technical Support – Noovle S.r.l.