Current trends in Education
Digital technology is transforming the ways we teach and learn. Among the most notable changes are the moves from:
- Monologue to dialogue: The traditional one-sided flow of information has given way to a joint process of constructing meaning. Teachers and students continually collaborate in an inquiry-based process that creates deeper levels of learning.
- Reactive to proactive: Students take greater ownership over learning, using the Internet and app-based resources to explore and learn independently, encouraging higher engagement and new forms of learning.
- Learning in unison to greater differentiation: Digital technology enables teachers to adapt more easily to student needs, adding or removing materials to optimize lessons for each students’ level of learning.
Digital technology enables teachers to adapt more easily to student needs, adding or removing materials to optimize lessons for each student’s level of learning.
Education Trendsetter: ViewSonic ViewBoard Interactive Displays
ViewSonic ViewBoard interactive flat panel (IFP) displays enable and enhance transformative 21st century classrooms. Available in sizes up to 96 inches, ViewSonic ViewBoard interactive displays deliver powerful learning capabilities, with an integrated operating system, intuitive inking tools, myViewBoard® annotation software, and a range of apps. Benefits include:
- Intuitive Interactive Learning: With functionality that’s as familiar as a smartphone or tablet, ViewSonic ViewBoard displays make it easy for students to step up to the board to manipulate content, while teachers can boost engagement with polls, games and more, resulting in more motivated students and more energized classrooms.
- Professional Development: A display industry leader with over 30 years of serving customers, ViewSonic is known for providing personalized support for the lifetime of its products. To support educators, the company offers its ViewSchool portal, packed with self-paced video resources and wiki articles.
- Collaboration Software: Available with every ViewSonic ViewBoard, myViewBoard cloud software provides a host of tools to create and share ViewBoard lesson plans across a range of device types.
With functionality that’s as familiar as a smartphone or tablet, ViewSonic ViewBoard displays make it easy for students to step up to the board to manipulate content, while teachers can boost engagement.
Challenges for IT
ViewSonic ViewBoard displays provide teachers and students with an easy-to-use classroom solution, however they can present IT administrative challenges common to managing any device, including:
- Management and Support: The need to be physically present to troubleshoot and manage displays can create many logistical challenges.
- IT App Updates: When a member of the IT team must be present to implement network or other IT app updates, team efficiency and productivity is diminished.
- Power Management: Busy teachers can forget to turn off devices at the end of a long school day, leading to added power consumption.
- Alerts and Notifications: When emergencies arise, getting the message out quickly is critical, yet often difficult.
The Answer: ViewSonic ViewBoard Displays and SureMDM
SureMDM by 42Gears is an intuitive and powerful Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) tool for a wide range of mobile devices and operating systems, including Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and macOS. With SureMDM IT teams can easily secure, monitor, and manage company- and employee-owned devices.
To deliver the many benefits of UEM, ViewSonic ViewBoard interactive displays come pre-loaded with SureMDM, making it easy for IT to remotely manage a school (or district’s) ViewBoard displays.
ViewSonic ViewBoard interactive displays come pre-loaded with SureMDM, making it easy for IT to remotely manage a school (or district’s) ViewBoard displays.
Take a look at some of the ways in which SureMDM simplifies the management of ViewSonic ViewBoard displays:
- Group Configuration: Simultaneously configure all ViewSonic ViewBoard displays across classrooms, buildings and campus.
- Alert Messaging: Broadcast alerts and emergency notifications via text or image to any or all ViewSonic ViewBoard displays, ensuring alerts reach teachers and students quickly and easily.
- Remote Management: Manage, support and troubleshoot ViewBoard displays via remote screen-viewing and remote control. Quickly and easily configure devices by browsing device files and changing device settings
- Time Fencing: Remotely schedule power on/off times for each ViewBoard display without the need for any human intervention.
- Extended Device and Multi-OS Support: In addition to managing the embedded ViewBoard OS, SureMDM can also help manage other devices from the central console, including those running Windows, Chrome OS, Android, macOS, iOS and more.
The Road Ahead
As technology like virtual reality (VR), Internet of Things (IoT), and more continue to evolve, the education environment will likewise continue to transform. ViewSonic ViewBoard interactive displays paired with SureMDM will enable students, instructors and IT teams alike to enjoy the benefits of new technologies easily and efficiently. Educators can count ViewSonic ViewBoard displays to drive engagement, energize and motivate students; their IT teams can count on SureMDM’s advanced management capabilities to enable efficient and secure integration of new technology into their networks.
Download ViewSonic ViewBoard Displays with SureMDM for Education solution brief here.
Exclusive News and Updates on Enterprise Mobility!
Subscribe for our free newsletter