California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (CCPA), provides California residents (each, User or You) with specific rights regarding certain personal information collected, disclosed and sold by certain businesses. This Privacy Notice describes those rights and explains how to exercise them.
Your Consumer Rights under the CCPA
Under the CCPA, you may have the following consumer rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions or limitations as specified in the CCPA:
Right to Know: You have the right to request, at no charge, about the categories of Personal Information which We have collected, disclosed or transferred to any third parties in the preceding 12 months.
Detailed Right to Know (Collection and Disclosure): You have the right to request that We disclose certain information about how We have handled Your Personal Information in the prior 12 months, including the:
- Categories of Personal Information collected about You;
- Categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information;
- Business and/or commercial purposes for collecting and disclosing Your Personal Information; and
- Categories of third parties to/with whom Your Personal Information has been disclosed/shared, including for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of Personal Information collected about You.
Access and Portability: You have the right to obtain a list of categories and a copy of the Personal Information, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable format, collected about You covering the 12-month period preceding the request.
Deletion: You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information We have collected from You. This right may be subject to certain conditions and limitations under the law.
Right to be Free from Discrimination: You may exercise all of the above rights at all times and 42Gears will not unlawfully discriminate against You for exercising Your rights under the CCPA.
Requests can be submitted by You or by Your authorized agent by an e-mail to dpo@42Gears.com or by phone to 18774282423 (toll free). Requests must include the type of request and accompanied by your full name, California residential address and e-mail address.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf if:
- The authorized agent is a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State of California;and
- You sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.If You use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise Your rights, please have the authorized agent to take the following steps:
- Mail a certified copy of Your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on Your behalf to email@example.com
- Provide an information we request in our response to Your e-mail to verify Your identity. The information that we ask You to provide to verify Your identity will depend on Your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue.
If You provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code Sections from 4000 to 4465, it may not be necessary to perform the aforesaid steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the CCPA.
- We will be authorized to identify the verification of the request with all the possible means available with us before further action is taken and may deny the request as well if the authorized agent does not submit proof that he, she, or it has been authorized by You to act on Your behalf if we request such proof, as permitted by the CCPAWe are also required to provide You with all the categories of personal information that we have collected and disclosed to the third parties (including service providers) for business purposes within the preceding 12 months of Your initiating the request.
Categories of Personal Information collected and Disclosed:
|Categories of personal information||Do we collect?||Do we disclose for a business purpose(s) ?||Do we sell?|
|Name, Contact Information and other Identifiers: Identifiers such as real name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol(IP) address, e-mail address, account name, or similar information||YES||YES||NO|
|Customer Records: Paper and electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, photographs(if any), address, telephone number, employment history, billing and transaction information||YES||YES||NO|
|Purchase History and Tendencies: Commercial information including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies||YES||YES||NO|
|Usage Data: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding interaction with a website, application, advertisement , including access logs and other activity information related to the use of our Services||YES||YES||NO|
|Sensory Data: such as audio, video and other electronic data||YES||NO||NO|
|Profiles and Inferences: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile reflecting the consumer's preferences and purchase tendencies, which may be used for the targeted advertisement||NO||NO||NO|
The personal information we have collected or disclosed about You depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices You make, including Your privacy settings, and the aspects and features of a Site, Service or other means of interaction.
We respond to Your verifiable requests within 45 days of Your initiating the Privacy concerns/requests within the parlance of this Privacy Notice.
We do not sell or intend to sell your personal information in any manner whatsoever.
Refer to our Privacy Notice to learn more about the sources from which We collect Your personal information, the business or legitimate purposes for which We collect Your personal information, and the categories of third parties with which We share Your personal information.
42Gears products and services are designed for usage by organizations. As a result, 42Gears does not intentionally collect or use the personal information of minors under 16 years of age or sell any of their personal data.
This California Privacy Notice shall be treated as a part and parcel of the Privacy Notice published on our website and does not apply to personal information to which the CCPA regulations doesn’t apply.
Last Updated: July 10, 2020