There are times when you want to lock your iPhone’s or iPad’s screen to a single application. This is also a common request from most of our customers who use their iOS devices for business and commercial purposes. These requirements vary from locking down of iPads/iPhones for simple kiosks to transforming them into handy mobile devices for their field workforce.
SureMDM for iOS helps you lock down your iPhone & iPads with just one application running all the time. It also disables Home button, Notifications and Control Center for advanced lockdown.
This lockdown of iPhone’s or iPad’s screen with just one application, also referred as Single Application Mode is further extended with following complimenting features:
1. Remotely lockdown iOS device to single application running all the time
2. Remotely switch application to which the device is locked down
3. Schedule Single Application Mode to launch periodically
How to lockdown an iPad or an iPhone to Single App Mode?
To lock an iPad or an iPhone with a single application, follow below-mentioned steps:
1. Login to SureMDM Web Console
2. On SureMDM Home, click on Profile and select iOS
3. Next, click on Add to go to iOS MDM Profile
4. On iOS MDM Profile, select Single App Mode Profile option and click on Configure
5. On iOS Single App Mode Profile prompt, select the app from the dropdown menu, check Single App Mode checkbox and click on Save
6. Once done, go back to SureMDM Home, select the desired iOS device and use Apply option to apply Single App Mode Profile
What else SureMDM offers for iOS?
In addition to Single App Mode profile, you can use iOS profiles in SureMDM to perform following remote activities on all enrolled devices with just a few clicks:
1. Blacklist/Whitelist Apps – Allow the user to access only selected allowed application(s)
2. Web Content Filter – Block specific URLs from being accessed on enrolled iOS device
3. Branding – Set Home Screen wallpaper and Lock Screen wallpaper
4. Passcode Policy – Set Passcode Policy for iPads and iPhones
5. Restriction Profile – Restrict users from using certain iOS functions like Siri or Camera
6. Application Policy – Remotely add, configure or delete applications on iOS devices
7.Configuration Profile – Configure settings of applications remotely
8. Wi-Fi Configuration – Configure Wi-Fi remotely
9. Mail Configuration – Configure mail accounts remotely
10. Global HTTP Proxy – Configure Global HTTP Proxy remotely
11. VPN Configuration – Configure VPN remotely
12. Certification Configuration – Upload and configure certificates on iOS devices
13. Exchange ActiveSync – Configure settings for connecting to your Exchange server
14. File Sharing Policy – Remotely share files to enrolled iOS devices