With increasing trend in adoption of BYOD by organizations and consequent increase in flow and exchange of data using mobile devices, it becomes quite difficult for IT Admins to manage, control and secure important enterprise data. According to one of the recent reports that highlighted BYOD security concern, it was noted that a whopping 72% of respondents were worried about data leakage/loss and 54% of them were concerned about unauthorized access to company data. Considering such significant challenges, finding an optimum solution to implement secure file sharing and distribution process is crucial.
SureMDM for File Sharing and distribution!
Apart from offering extended enterprise mobility management (EMM) features, SureMDM now offers a secure way to share and distribute enterprise files on Android and iOS devices through File Store option. This new option allows the IT Admins to create a document library and share documents like images, videos and other files across enrolled Android and iOS devices.
To share a file using File Store option in SureMDM following three steps have to be performed:
- Upload the file to File Store
- Create a File Sharing Policy profile
- Apply the created profile on desired devices
How to upload the file to File Store?
To upload a file to File Store, follow below-mentioned steps:
1. Login to SureMDM Web Console
2. On SureMDM Home, go to Store and click on File Store
3. On File Store screen, click on New Folder to create a new folder
4. Once the folder is created, click and highlight the folder
5. Next, click on Upload files, browse and upload the desired file(s)
6. On successful upload, you will see the document listed under the folder
How to create a File Sharing Policy profile?
To create a File Sharing Policy profile, follow below-mentioned steps:
1. On SureMDM Home, click on Profiles
2. On Profiles screen, select the desired platform; Android or iOS and click on Add
3. On Work Profile screen, click on File Sharing Policy tab
4. Give a name to the profile and click on Configure
5. Next, click on Add to launch the File Store
6. Select the desired files/documents and click on Add to List
7. After adding, click on Done to go back to configuration screen
8. Click on Save to complete
How to apply the created profile on desired devices?
To apply the create profile on desired devices, follow below-mentioned steps:
1. On SureMDM Home, click select the device or group
2. Click on Apply from Quick Action Toolbar
3. On Apply Job to Device prompt, select the File Sharing Policy job and click on Apply
Note: You can use Configure Schedule Time option to schedule the job to be applied on a specific day and time.
On successful completion, Android device will have a new app on the device named – SureMDM File Store which will list the shared file for the user to download. For iOS devices, on SureMDM Nix Agent will have an extra tab labeled – EFSS which lists the shared file for download.
Apart from offering a secure and an easy way to share enterprise files on BYOD and Dedicated Devices (formerly called COSU or Corporate-Owned Single-Use), SureMDM also allows IT Admins to create their own enterprise app store for easy and streamlined application distribution. Click here read more.