More and more Android tablets are being used by enterprises for business purposes such as advertisement kiosks, digital menus in restaurants/hotels or for inventory management applications. To convert the Android device into dedicated purpose devices requires only single application to run on these device, all the time with restricted access to other features. This kind of setting mode is called Single Application Mode.
You can use SureLock to configure Single Application Mode in Android devices.
Install SureLock and follow below mentioned steps to enable Single Application Mode on your Android device:
1. Launch SureLock
2. On SureLock Home Screen, tap 5 times within 3 seconds to launch the password prompt
3. Enter your default password – 0000 (four zeros) and tap OK
4. On Admin Settings screen, tap Allowed Applications
5. On Allowed Applications screen, use Add App option to add your desired application in Single Application Mode
6. Tap Done to go back to Admin Settings
7. On Admin Settings screen, tap SureLock Settings
8. On SureLock Settings screen, tap Single Application Mode and enable Single Application Mode option
Note: Please read the information message before you tap on OK.
9. Return back to SureLock Home Screen. Your application will now run in Single Application Mode
Note: For Single Application Mode to be enabled, only one application needs to be visible on SureLock’s Home Screen. If you need to run more than one app internally, you can add other apps to the list of allowed applications as well and mark them as hidden. These hidden applications can be launched when accessed via the application visible on SureLock Home Screen.
Watch the video – Lock Android to a Single Application using SureLock
To learn on how to exit from Single Application Mode, click here
To know more about other features of SureLock, click here