More and more Android tablets are being used by enterprises for business purposes such as advertisement kiosks, digital menus in restaurants/hotels or for inventory management applications. To convert the Android device into a device apt for such setting requires only one application to run on the device all the time with restricted access to anything else (Home Screen, Settings or other apps). This kind of setting mode is called Single Application Mode.
You can use SureLock to configure Single Application Mode in Android devices.
Install SureLock and follow below mentioned steps to enable Single Application Mode in your Android device:
1. Launch SureLock
2. On SureLock Home Screen, tap 5 times within 3 seconds to launch the password prompt
3. Enter your default password – 0000 (four zeros) and tap on OK
4. On Admin Settings screen, tap on Allowed Applications
5. On Allowed Applications screen, use Add App option to add your desired application in Single Application Mode
6. Tap on Done to go back to Admin Settings
7. On Admin Settings screen, tap on SureLock Settings
8. On SureLock Settings screen, tap on Single Application Mode and enable Single Application Mode option
Note: Please read the information message before you tap on OK.
4. Return back to SureLock Home Screen. Your application will now run in Single Application Mode
Note: For Single Application Mode to be enabled, only one application needs to be visible on SureLock’s Home Screen. If you need to run more than one app internally, you can add other apps to the list of allowed applications as well and mark them as hidden. These hidden application can be launched when accessed via the application visible on SureLock Home Screen.
To learn on how to exit from Single Application Mode, click here
To know more about other features of SureLock, click here