A recent survey by Gartner revealed that 12% of organizations have deployed an IoT project, and 24% are actively experimenting in IoT. These connected devices are being deployed for improving customer service and worker safety, and businesses need a solution for securing and managing these devices.
12% of organizations have deployed an IoT project, and 24% are actively experimenting in IoT
– Gartner Report
42Gears, as part of their IoT Management Solution, offers remote management of connected devices, such as sensors and equipment running on very simple hardware, through 42Gears Things Management Technology. These devices can perform specific functions with limited connectivity and are dependent on host machines over USB, Bluetooth, and WiFi.
How to start managing things with 42Gears UEM?
To get started, browse through the available Things Connectors on Things Connectors Marketplace, browse through available Connectors, download the Connector and the Nix Agent, and follow below-mentioned steps:
1. Install SureMDM Nix Agent and the Things Connector apk on an Android host device.
2. Launch Things Connector apk to provide storage permission.
3. Configure the Nix Agent to a SureMDM account by adding the account and server details or by scanning the enrollment QR code.
4. Once done, go to 42Gears UEM Web Console and approve the device.
5. Once approved, the host Android device, as well as connected thing, will start reflecting under the Device List
6. Now, when you select the device, its details will start reflecting under the Device Info
7. You can use the available options to control the connected thing.
For example, to control a smart charging and docking cradle, such as the Datalogic Joya Touch Single Slot Cradle, you can go to 42Gears Things Connectors Marketplace, download the connector and Nix Agent for it, go through the enrollment process and start controlling its locking and charging properties remotely.
Nearly two in five (39%) of the organizations consider security as one of the top three technical concerns – Gartner Report
Gartner also mentions in the report that nearly two in five (39%) of the organizations consider security as one of the top three technical concerns. Monitoring connected devices and managing them remotely can be a small step towards ensuring security. To explore more about things connectors and/or try out connectors for other things, click here.
If you are interested in developing a Things Connector for your device, please submit your request here. Our developer or support team will provide you with a developer kit, including API documentation and sample code, to get started.