There are times when you have to quickly setup an email account on a device which is not physically present with you or times when you have to configure set of email accounts on hundreds of Android devices. The whole process may require numerous calls to technical support to set up the account or individual attention to all those devices. This can be tedious, frustrating and time-consuming.
With the new feature in SureMDM – Email Configuration Settings, you can now remotely configure email accounts on Samsung Android devices (4.2.2 and above) located anywhere in the world. SureMDM is Samsung KNOX and SAFE compliant.
Follow below mentioned steps to remotely configure an email account on a Samsung Android device (4.2.2 and above):
1. Install latest version of SureMDM Nix Agent on your Samsung Android device
2. Configure the Nix Agent with your SureMDM Account Details
3. Login to SureMDM Web Console
4. Click on Jobs and then click on New Job
5. On Select Operating System page, select Android and click on OK
6.On Select Job Type page, select Email Configuration Settings option
7. On Email Configuration Settings prompt, select Create Email Account option
8. Give a Job Name, fill out following information:
- Server Type – IMAP/POP3/MS Exchange
- Incoming Server Address
- Outgoing Server Address
- Security Type
- Incoming Port
- Outgoing Port
9. Click on OK to complete and close
10. Go back to SureMDM Home and select the device from the Device List section to configure the email account
11. Click on Apply to launch the list of jobs to select from
12. Select the Email Configuration Settings job and click on OK to apply
Once done, the email account will be automatically configured on the selected device.
To learn more about SureMDM, click here.
To download the latest version of SureMDM Nix Agent, click here.
To register for free 30 day trial, click here.
To learn about other products from 42Gears, click here.
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.