Single Application Mode is a powerful feature in SureLock (Android/Windows 7/8/8.1/10 version). In this mode, SureLock allows one and only one application to remain in the foreground all the time. Single Application Mode strictly locks down the Android/Windows 7/8/8.1/10 tablets or desktops with access to nothing else other than the approved application. Any attempt by the user to access any other application or functionality is completely blocked.
During Single Application Mode, it might be little tricky for the administrator to quit SureLock or to modify its settings however there are specific ways to do so:
When SureLock is running:
Reboot the device and tap ten times within five seconds on the SureLock home screen to launch the password prompt. Enter the SureLock password in the password prompt to access the SureLock Settings.
Note: This option would be available only once after the device powers on. To use this feature again the admin will need to reboot the device.
When SureLock is loading:
1. Switch Off the device and Restart it
Note: If you have enabled Suppress Power Button/Keyboard option, restart the device with a long press of the power button.
2. After restart, SureLock will start loading automatically. SureLock’s loading screen (as shown below) is displayed for 20 seconds by default
3. On loading screen, the administrator can tap anywhere five times within three seconds or tap on Back Button five times to launch the password prompt. Enter the SureLock password and tap Go To Admin Settings.
Note: If device is locked by Android system password, unlock the device to see the SureLock Loading Screen. The loading screen timeout is configured through Bootup Delay option in SureLock Settings which is always set to a value of 20 seconds (default). This value can be increased as per the requirement of administrator.
4. Go to SureLock Settings and disable the Single Application Mode.
If the admin wants to get the password prompt in Single application mode without rebooting the device, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Tap 10 times on the screen when the Allowed Application is running to launch the password prompt and enter the SureLock password.
2. Go to SureLock Admin Settings -> SureLock Settings.
3. On Single Application Mode screen, select Enable Password Prompt
This feature will ensure that admin can access SureLock settings anytime on the device without rebooting the device.
For Windows 7/8/8.1/10:
When using Windows devices:
1. Press Windows key on the keyboard 10 times to launch the Password Prompt to access SureLock Settings
2. Enter Main Menu, click on SureLock settings and disable Single Application Mode option.
To know more about SureLock for Android, click here
To download a trial version of SureLock for Android, click here
For any further question, write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org