Single Application Mode is a powerful feature in SureLock (Android version). In this mode, SureLock allows one and only one application to remain in the foreground all the time. Single Application Mode strictly locks down the Android tablet or Smartphone with no access to anything other than the allowed application. Any attempt by the user to access any other application or functionality is blocked.
During Single Application Mode, it might be little tricky for the administrator to quit SureLock or to modify its settings however there are two ways to do so:
1. When SureLock is running:
Tap on the screen ten times within five seconds and you will be able to launch the password prompt to access SureLock Settings. This option would be available only once and to activate it again, you have to reboot the device.
2. When SureLock is loading:
1. Switch Off the device and Restart it
Note: If you have enabled Suppress Power Button/Keyboard option, restart the device with a long press of the power button.
3. As SureLock loads, loading screen (as shown below) is displayed for 20 seconds by default
4. On loading screen, the administrator can tap anywhere five times with three seconds or tap on Back Button five times to launch the password prompt
Note: If device is locked by Android system password, unlock the device to see the SureLock Loading Screen. The loading screen timeout is configured through Bootup Delay option in SureLock Settings which is always set to a value of 20 seconds (default). This value can be increased as per the requirement of administrator.
5. Type in the password and go to SureLock Settings to disable the Single Application Mode
To know more, visit http://www.42gears.com/surelock/surelockandroid.html
For Free Trial, click here.