Relevant Experience: 3+ years of Technical Writing experience
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s degree with Technical Writing Certification is must
This is an opportunity for a Technical Writer to produce a high quality documentation that will instruct our customers about our product. We are looking out for a person who can take complex ideas and break them down to simple ideas that anyone can understand easily.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands on experience in creating User Manuals, Installation Guides, Reference pages, Help Manuals.
- Plan, design, create and deliver information products using a variety of new and traditional technologies.
- Work with the technical team to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for our customers.
- Contribute in the modification / revision of the manuals content.
- Follow internal style guidelines and apply tagging standards to customer-facing materials, maintaining a consistent look and feel for documents across multiple offerings.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Analyze and proofread existing content, focusing on opportunities to improvise it.
- Conducts in-depth interviews with product experts to understand each products functionality and features.
- Maintains strong working relationships and continual interfacing with core product teams.
- Revise documents with new releases made.
- Participate in peer-reviews and follow the review cycles to ensure accuracy of documents.
- Work with technical team to make the product easier to use and thus need fewer instructions.
- Be detailed and precise at every step of the user manual so that the instructions can be useful.
- Other duties as assigned
- Good exposure to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)/ Documentation Development Life Cycle (DDLC).
- Good Knowledge on style guides.
- Strong knowledge of markup language such as HTML or XML.
- Proficiency in authoring and image capturing tools such as Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe Framemaker, Advance MS Word, Adobe illustrator, and SnagIt.
- Experience with creating demo/navigational/tutorials videos and proficiency with video editing tool would be preferred.
- Experience working in an agile content development environment.
- Previous Technical writing experience with content management systems and SEO Background in IT is a big plus.
Note : You can also send your resume across to 42Gears HR Team on email@example.com and add the position name as the subject.