If your business relies on mobile workforce who deliver services or products to customers, it is very important to constantly monitor them for their safety and efficiency. Among these employees who are always on the move, drivers equipped with mobile devices are the ones who are more vulnerable as they are prone to speeding and distraction-related incidents.
An easy solution to the distraction caused by the mobile device while driving is by locking these devices from being used whenever they are on the road and at a certain speed.
Driver Safety feature in SureLock does exactly the same. Use this feature to set a speed threshold for the driver to either auto-lock the screen of the device from being used or launch a custom lockdown profile; Single App Mode or Multiple Apps Mode.
How do I enable Driver Safety Mode?
To auto-lock the device screen when the driver crosses the set speed threshold, click here.
Admins have to complete following four steps to configure Driver Safety Profile in SureLock for driver:
- Configure Settings Export Location and exporting the file
- Create Driver Safety Profile – Single App Mode or Multiple App Mode
- Enable Driver Safety feature
- Export settings for Driver Safety Lockdown Profile
Configure Settings Export Location and export the file
1. Launch SureLock
2. Access SureLock Admin Settings
3. On SureLock Admin Settings screen, tap on Import/Export Settings
4. On Import/Export Settings screen, select Export to File
5. On Export to File prompt, tap on Browse button to select the location where you want to export the settings file
Note: By default, the settings file is exported in your /SD Card folder as SureLock.settings. In case SD Card is not present in the device, the user can select internal device folders like- /storage/emulated/0.
6. Once the export location is identified and selected, tap on OK to export the settings
Create Driver Safety Profile – Single App Mode or Multiple App Mode
Before configuring Driver Safety Mode, Driver Safety Profile has to be configured. Use following links to configure Single App Mode or Multiple App Mode.
To add multiple allowed applications, click here.
To allow a single application and enable Single App Mode, click here.
Enable Driver Safety feature
To enable Driver Safety Mode ,and set Driver Safety Profile, follow below mentioned steps:
1. On SureLock Admin Settings screen, tap on SureLock Settings
2. On SureLock Settings screen, tap on Driver Safety
3. On Driver Safety Settings screen, enable Enable Driver Safety
Note: GPS should be ON and set to High Accuracy.
4. Tap on Set Driver Safety Threshold to enter a value in Miles/Hour and tap on OK
5. Tap on Enable Driver Safety Profile to launch Choose Path prompt
6. Use browse option in Choose Path prompt to identify and select the surelock.settings file path created using the steps under First step.
7. Tap on Done to complete
Export settings to Driver Safety Lockdown Profile
To export Driver Safety Profile and replace the settings file created using the steps under First step, follow below-mentioned steps:
1. On SureLock Admin Settings screen, tap on Import/Export Settings
2. On Import/Export Settings screen, select Export to File option and click on OK
Note: a) Do not change the Export to File path which is selected under First step.
b) Automatic Import option under Import/Export Settings should be disabled.
3. Once done exporting Driver Safety Profile, proceed with configuring lockdown for normal mode. (Normal mode refers to the lockdown profile of the device when running under the set threshold.)
4. After configuring normal lockdown mode, exit SureLock Admin Settings
Now, when the speed of driver with the device exceeds the threshold, SureLock will lock normal lockdown mode and Driver Safety Profile will get auto-activated. Normal Mode will resume only when the driver’s speed comes below the set threshold.
Read more about SureLock for Android here.
To download a free trial of SureLock for Android, click here.