Geofencing allows administrators to create a virtual fence around a geographical location such as an office building or warehouse. Administrators can configure policies that are applied to the devices as they enter or exit the fence.
Note: Geofencing requires GPS capability on the device.
Setup Geofencing using SureMDM
1. Login to the SureMDM Web Console
2. On SureMDM Web Console, click on Jobs
3. Click on New Job and select Android
4. Click on Geofencing
5. On Select Fence tab, use Search option to go to a specific address
6. Click on Draw icon, place the cursor at the center of the location, click and move the cursor until it covers the desired area. Click again to set the boundary.
7. Name the Geofence and click Add
8. The newly created fence will show up under Fence Details
9. Click on Fence Entered tab. Click Add to select a job that will be activated on the device when it enters the fenced area.
10. Select the alert type
11. Click on Fence Exited tab. Click Add to select a job that will be activated on the device when it exits the fenced area.
12. Click Save on the top right corner. On Job Details prompt, give a name to the job and click Save
13. Go to Home. Select the device from the device list or select a group.
14. Click on Apply
15. Select the Geofencing job created earlier and click Apply
The selected jobs will be activated on the devices as they enter and exit the fenced area.
Click here to learn more about other SureMDM features.