According to recent statistics, there has been an increase in app downloads by 75% since the launch of Apple Watch. They are not just used as fitness tracking tools anymore. People prefer and extensively use Apple Watch for glanceable call, text or email notifications, weather updates, real-time directions, Apple Pay and texting using Siri.
There are multiple organizations who have already adopted Apple Watch, whether it is as part of its corporate wellness program, or for daily business activities, like getting updates and alerts.
When wearable devices like Apple Watches are being used in a business environment, it becomes imperative to have a solution to secure, manage and monitor them.
SureMDM can be used to remotely manage Apple Watches using the following features:
– Password Policy: Implement passwords on Apple Watches
– Blacklist or Whitelist Apps: Blacklist to hide apps on Apple Watches
Password Policy for Apple Watches
When you create a Password Policy and apply it on the iOS device that the watch is synced to, the policy gets applied to the watch as well. The screen on the watch will prompt the user to set a passcode.
To create a Password Policy and apply it, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Log in to SureMDM Web Console.
2. Click Profile.
3. On the Profile screen, select the iOS tab and click Add.
4. On the iOS MDM Profile screen, click Password Policy and then Configure.
5. Name the profile, check Force User To Set Passcode option and fill the requested details.
6. Click Save to complete.
7. Go back to Home, select the iOS device and click Apply.
8. Select the created profile and click Apply.
Once the profile is applied to the device, the synced Apple Watch screen will prompt the user to set a passcode.
Blacklist or Whitelist Apps on Apple Watch
Most of the iOS apps provide their companion app for Apple Watch as well. When you blacklist or whitelist apps on an iOS device that the watch is synced to, the companion apps get blacklisted or whitelisted on the watch as well. When you blacklist an app, the app will not be visible on the screen.
To blacklist/whitelist an app, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Login to SureMDM Web Console.
2. Click Profile.
3. On the Profile screen, select iOS tab and click.
4. On the iOS MDM Profile screen, click Blacklist/Whitelist Apps and then select either Blacklist App Configure/Whitelist App Configure.
– Blacklist App will blacklist the selected app/s. This feature is helpful if you have selected a few apps to be unavailable on the user’s iOS device or Apple Watch.
– Whitelist App will whitelist the selected app. This feature is helpful if you want to allow only a few selected apps on the user’s iOS device or Apple Watch.
5. Name the profile, click Add to launch Application List.
6. Use the dropdown menu to select the app from to blacklist or whitelist and click Add.
7. Click on Save to complete.
8. Go back to Home, select the iOS device and click Apply.
9. Select the created profile and click Apply.
Once the profile is applied to the device, the synced Apple Watch will also refresh with only whitelisted apps.
To learn more such 42Gears SureMDM features for iOS devices, click here.