42Gears UEM now offers support for Volume Purchase Program (VPP), a quick and easy way for enterprises to purchase and distribute iOS apps in a bulk. VPP offers businesses the flexibility to purchase apps in volume and distribute them via third-party EMM solutions directly to the employee devices.
Purchased app licenses can be distributed directly to the end users in any one of three ways: User Assignment, Device Assignment, or Redemption codes. In case the device is lost or stolen, the apps can be reassigned to another device.
42Gears UEM solution – SureMDM offers IT pros, an easy option to distribute iOS apps in volume from a central console, to different Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads and Macs.
Users can start by enrolling into Volume Purchase Program by creating an Apple Deployment Program account. (Need help? Click here)
Link SureMDM Account with VPP Account
iOS app licenses can be assigned to the devices easily using SureMDM through the following steps:
1. Login to SureMDM Web Console as a Superuser or an admin.
2. Click Account Settings and select VPP
3. Browse and upload the token.
To download the Token: After enrolling the business with VPP, users can follow below mentioned steps to Download Token from Account Summary page and save the token for future reference. 1. Sign in with VPP Apple ID. 2. From the drop-down menu, select Account Summary. 3. Click Download Token from Account Summary page (Step 3) and save it. 4. Upload the token under Account Settings of SureMDM Web Console. 5. VPP Token will be uploaded successfully.
Create a job in SureMDM with desired application
4. Click Profiles.
5. Select iOS as the operating system and click Add.
6. Click Application Policy and then press Configure.
7. Click Add to add application to the device. A new prompt opens to add an application.
8. From App Name dropdown menu, choose the app which has to be distributed. Check Auto Install box and Install Using VPP box. Once done press Add.
9. Give a Name to the profile and click Save to save the changes.
Push the job to the device
Follow the steps below to push the job to the device.
10. Go to SureMDM Home.
11. Select the device in which the job has to be deployed and click Apply.
12. Select the profile and click Apply.
Note: It is also possible to apply the job to a group of devices.
If you want to manage distribution of bulk apps using VPP, sign up for 42Gears UEM account today!